I'm as Happy as a Little Girl... (Ron Newton Content AND Pictures!!!)

I must say I am very pleased to have snagged this one, for several reasons.

First, You don't often see Newton hunters for sale on the net, and this will be my first knife of Ron's, but here's where it gets really cool.

I bought the knife today having seen it on Blade Gallery, because I love its simple elegance, and that awesome stag, but then, afterwards, found out it won "Best Hunter" at this past years Spirit of Steel show, so what you say? The cool part is, I have a large forged damascus/stag bowie incoming from Mike Williams that won best bowie at that show too! So, I now own 2 of the SOS winners of 2003.

Like I said, I'm as happy as a little girl... :)

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it...:eek: :)

newton%20htr%20ov1%20text.jpg

newton%20htr%20ov2%20.jpg

Attachments

• newton htr ov text.jpg
    newton htr ov text.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 55
Thanks Frank, hey, I thought Spark would have banned you by now... :)

Picture isn't mine, it's property of BG, even if the knife no longer is... :)

That is a great looking hunter, but I'm a little biased. I love pretty well everything that Ron makes. I'll have to give you guys a goos look at the 11 1/2" bowie he is making me. I should have it in a cople of months. It's going to be real nice.

That's a terrific little hunter with some particularly awesome amber stag. Good score.

Keith - don't keep us in suspense too long with that big bowie! ;)

Roger

a "10" :eek:

That knife is as close to the "perfect" hunter as a human being can come, IMHO. Just fabulous!

Megalobyte,
There's a picture of your hunter with the award plaque in a recent Knives Illustrated magazine. Can't remember which issue. Congrats on snagging my hunter. The Williams bowie is a nice knife also.

I wonder what happened to the sweet Kenny Rowe sheath that I sold with the hunter.Hmmm....Does that sheath have a name on it anywhere? I know it's not the Rowe.

Oh yes...and thanks for the compliments to all the biased folks!

I've got a couple of Ron's hunters and they are really well done, like all the knives he makes!! Amazing craftsman!!

Congratulations!!

Win

lookin good, Ron!

Oh...and congrats to the new owner...:D

Back