I'm dying here!

Does it ever seem to you that Murphy has it in for you? I have been waiting for a certain knife to arrive for a few months now. First I sent the money and the knife was sent to me. When it arrived it turned out that I had accidently been sent the wrong knife, kind of. The problem was that the maker made me the wrong knife thinking I was another Keith that had an order with him; no problem. I sent the knife back and was told that my knife should be ready in a few weeks. The knife is ready and it gets sent off to have a Kenny Rowe sheath made for it and as you know, Kenny had some health problems. This made for another delay, though a very understandable one; no problem. The sheath is now ready and the knife is sent back to the maker; he gets it and ships it to me. Eight days later he gets the knife back because it was improperly boxed. It gets re-boxed and yesterday was sent on its way to me again. Fingers crossed, knock wood! Arrrggghhh!

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes it seems like that Irish bastard is out to get me.

Sometimes the wait is better than the actual delivery. NOT! Don't worry Keith, the delivery day will come and all will be right with the world! :D

The way I look at waits "it will make the knife that much more special."
(at least I keep telling myself that when situations such as yours come up.)

I think I know who made this for you Keith. Hope you enjoy it!

Good luck this time Keith! It could be worst, imagine you don't have no knife on order to wait for :eek: :D

That sounds like my luck!!
Let us know how you like the custom.....at least you will never forget the "story" behind it!!

Originally posted by Clydetz
Sometimes the wait is better than the actual delivery.

Actually this is so true, the anticipation is always better than the actual knife, all knives are a letdown to me when i finally get them, the ones that let me down the least are my keepers. :) The curse of being a staunch perfectionist.

Originally posted by Megalobyte
Actually this is so true, the anticipation is always better than the actual knife

It's a terrible/wonderful addiction :D

Originally posted by Megalobyte
the anticipation is always better than the actual knife

Actually, I have not always found this to be true. There have been a couple of times the knife I received was better than I had been anticipating.

My problem right now is that the knife is in the mail. I am always nervous about the knife somehow being lost in shipping and this feeling doesn't go away until the knife is in my hand.

I've been waiting on a (old... titanium c53 herbst) production spydie from factory, 2nds sale. sent on the 29th, and I've seen absolutly nothing yet from them.

Hey Meg!
If you're finding the anticipation better than the delivery then you need to get something from Don Fogg or Audra Draper to name just two from my own experience - can almost guarentee that what you receive will exceed what you anticipate. Can name many others too so if you need some HELP let me know! LMFAO :D :D :D

Bill
P.S. Keith - hang in there, it'll be there soon and you'll be a happy camper!

I got the knife the other day, it is a beauty. Hopefully I can get some pictures taken in the next couple of days so that you guys can get a look.

Back