I'm free

10 years of academia. 10 years of college, grad school, tests and classes. All that time spent.. finally as of tonight, I'm completely finished. I did it all for my kids, not for myself. All I want to do is play with my kids. roll a ball back and forth, play cars. play dolls. take them for a bicycle ride.

I don't know what to do with myself. It also marks another era. I met Bill back in the late 90's when I started back to school and had to sit my wild-natured behind down in front of a computer for the first time, after lot's of years trekking through the woods. Bill helped me transition. He helped me to learn that these computers could be pretty cool, too, and let you meet and communicate with some pretty cool people that you wouldn't otherwise know existed. Shortly after, I met the man of great heart. I wish they could both see the Cantina now. I think, overall, we've spruced up the place a little and would make them proud.

I think so too, Lion's Roar.
And you've started another big chapter of your life. Good for you. It must be very strange; you knew this day would come.

munk

Way to go. That has to be a great feeling.

I'm projecting only another 7 years or so, if all goes well...:rolleyes:

John

Excellent.

Now, go play.

<:eek:> THEY call me 'Dean' <>
dean-sp-sm.jpg

<:)> fYI-fWiW-iIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TiA-YW-GL-HH-HBd
<:D> Noobee <> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

It sounds like you have yet another transition to make. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with it.

Congrats from one just starting a long education!

Cheers, and I look forward to saying the same.

Chris

Oh man, I envy you in a good way, yet I don't know what I'd do with myself w/o school...You know, as much as I hate it or love it...it keeps me out of trouble:)Well, I actually love it more than I hate it to be honest. Good luck on in all future endeavors!

Lion's Roar, I thought you were done when you got the CPA certificate.
So this is your second Masters?
Wow...I hang with geniuses.:D
Smart people with big knives...is there anything cooler.

Congrats on reaching your goal. :thumbup:

Congrats. I'm not going to do it thats for sure. Did you get two masters as mentioned, or a PHD?

What an accomplishment!! Congratulations:thumbup: :)

Shortly after, I met the man of great heart. I wish they could both see the Cantina now. I think, overall, we've spruced up the place a little and would make them proud.

They are to be treasured (people of great heart). and I think you're right, they would be proud of the forum. And proud of you too.

Lion's Roar said:
10 years of academia. 10 years of college, grad school, tests and classes. All that time spent.. finally as of tonight, I'm completely finished.

Congratulations!

I know the feeling. Glad you accomplished your intermediate goal. Everyone will appreciate the family time now.

You were free before, too.

no branch of medicine, but if I had only knew when I started that I would spend this long in school, I would have gone for it. This is my second master's degree in accounting (super-geek level). It wasn't competely intentional. Here's the quick story. Gave up and/or lost everything years ago, ended up on a farm in a poverty stricken area, entered an "adult" program in an private college (to bypass out of state tuition), and proceeded to take 22-24 semester hours for 1 1/2 years to finish my bachelor's in management. Met my wife, moved to NYC. Could not get a good job. Tried everything. Bill would repeatedly tell me how much he didn't like NYC. I got on an online program for a MBA, so I could relocate. baby on the way now, moved to TN, still couldn't find a good job, got a retail manager job, drove back and forth from TN to Atlanta to do temp work just to get a foot in a door at a bank working a lowly job. Got the job, and the MBA, but wasn't making enough to support the family. Looked at monster.com and realized people hired accountants, so after a year off, I did a 6 or 7 undergraduate courses in accounting, got into graduate accounting program, took a break because a friend convinced me that I could get through the CPA exam, I wasn't sure, but he was right, then finished up and now I'm done. I kept going because I couldn't get to a point where I could support my family. I guess I'm doing alright now, but I am so glad to be done.

Thank you all for your support!

Good job Dawi. The Old Ones would be as proud of you as I am.:thumbup: :D :cool:

Back