I'm leaving knife making.

Hey All,
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all of those here who have provided so much good info and support over the years. After 5 years it's time for me to move on to some other things.
The forum and all the members here have been a fantastic community to be a part of and it makes it a bit hard to leave.

So thank you so much for everything.
I'm sure I'll check in from time to time and see what's going on.
Best of luck to you all!

Mark

That is unfortunate. You've done some fine work and been a valued member of the community. I hope you keep your hand in it even if it's just making stuff for family and friends. Good luck to you.

Dude,

You will be missed

Sorry to see ya go, Mark. Hope all goes well for you in your new adventures. :)

I hope it's not bad form to ask, but were you full time and did you just kinda become bored with it as such? No need to answer obviously, just curious is all.

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (Some older vids of some of the older knives I made)

What a bummer, just found your gorgeous work yesterday and was excited to learn the news that we're both from AZ.

Sorry to hear that mark
Hope it's because you found better opportunities and not because it didn't work out for you

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and wishes from everyone. You folks are the best and it's been a real pleasure.

As far as explanation, well, there is just a lot going on in my life right now and something has to give.
I've had the opportunity to make all the knives I was really passionate about and pleased to have a good collection for myself and family.
I have several more that I will be finishing up over the next year, and that will likely be the end of my career.
I'd say I would be back some day, but age is creeping up on me, so that may not ever happen.

If there was decent money in it I might hold onto my gear and pick it up again after a while. But it seems to me the supply is outstripping the demand these last couple of years.
Either that or my knives just aren't cutting it. ;)

Anyways, best of luck to you all as well and I will be around from time to time to see what great work you all are doing.

ps: and Harbeer, you did talk me out of it twice I think. :)

I have enjoyed and admired your work, sir.
The best of luck and health to you for the future

Sad to hear, I really enjoyed your work! You've definitely given me a lot of inspiration and good advice over the years.

I wish you a bright future in all your future endeavors! Take care!

Back