I'm thinking about getting a custom shop 113 in elk

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Can anybody share pictures of their custom shop 113's in elk stag ?

I'm thinking of getting one to match my recently received 505 in elk, but I'm worried about getting some really fat oversized slabs of elk.
They got my 505 just right, but I've seen a number of fat chunky elk on knives that are larger than the 505 like the 112 and 110.
I haven't seen any top down shots of an elk 113 that I can remember.

Can anybody share pictures of their custom shop 113's in elk stag ?

I'm thinking of getting one to match my recently received 505 in elk, but I'm worried about getting some really fat oversized slabs of elk.
They got my 505 just right, but I've seen a number of fat chunky elk on knives that are larger than the 505 like the 112 and 110.
I haven't seen any top down shots of an elk 113 that I can remember.
You're going to be the king of slick horn-handled knives before long with those 305's, the 505 and a new custom shop.

Hope that helps.
I have others where the scales are more even from one side to the other if that's your concern.

I don't have issues with this one as the difference is minimal in my opinion.
That looks pretty good to me, being even isn't a big deal if the difference isn't ridiculous and my only concern is just that it's not too fat and chunky overall.
Now is it just me or are the edges of the bolsters rounded over a little more ?
I seem to remember the edges on my standard 113 that I bought about 4 years ago being a bit more square than this.

I intended to match the radius of a 110, but accidentally went a little too far and now the handle feels a bit small in hand.
I wouldn't want to mess up a custom shop knife, but if they're rounding over the handle and bolster edges of the 113 a bit more now I'd probably be perfectly happy with it as is.

Back