Image hosting site.

Gizler00

Gold Member
I went to post some pictures to Imgur today and I received a response that I was banned.... I have no idea why. All I ever put up are knife pictures for use on this site.
Anybody have any suggestions?

I went to post some pictures to Imgur today and I received a response that I was banned.... I have no idea why. All I ever put up are knife pictures for use on this site.
Anybody have any suggestions?
You're a gold member so you have upload privileges...why not use them?

Thank you! I have never tried that option. I still do not understand why imgur banned me...
Have you tried contacting imgur tech support? I'm a little curious, since I also only use it to post knife pictures here.

Have you tried contacting imgur tech support? I'm a little curious, since I also only use it to post knife pictures here.

I actually emailed them shortly after I made this thread. They got back to me and said I had submissions (pictures) that contained inappropriate Content and I needed to go back and remove them. I looked through all of them and the only one that wasn’t just a knife or flashlight picture was one of a deer I shot and was holding the heart with the knife I used to skin. I’m assuming that was the one. But I put that picture on their quite some time ago to share on here......who knows. Too many sensitive people.

I actually emailed them shortly after I made this thread. They got back to me and said I had submissions (pictures) that contained inappropriate Content and I needed to go back and remove them. I looked through all of them and the only one that wasn’t just a knife or flashlight picture was one of a deer I shot and was holding the heart with the knife I used to skin. I’m assuming that was the one. But I put that picture on their quite some time ago to share on here......who knows. Too many sensitive people.
That is odd. I always set my albums as private, so they don't go into the social media part of the site, and can't be viewed for comments.
I wonder if it was reported, or there's some bot that flags certain kinds of images...I'm sure I've seen cooking videos on imgur with images of knives and raw meat. o_O

That is odd. I always set my albums as private, so they don't go into the social media part of the site, and can't be viewed for comments.
I wonder if it was reported, or there's some bot that flags certain kinds of images...I'm sure I've seen cooking videos on imgur with images of knives and raw meat. o_O

If you set them as private, does that mean that if you post a link to it here, it won't work?

I ask because I also use imgur pretty much just for pics I post here. I set them as public because I thought that was necessary in order to link to them. If I can make them private and still post links to them, that would be an attractive option.

Even when such pics are posted here, we occasionally get complaints. Usually we just shrug.

"vegan", a term derived from the ancient Sumerian word for "poor hunter". We get some.

If you set them as private, does that mean that if you post a link to it here, it won't work?

I ask because I also use imgur pretty much just for pics I post here. I set them as public because I thought that was necessary in order to link to them. If I can make them private and still post links to them, that would be an attractive option.

Even when such pics are posted here, we occasionally get complaints. Usually we just shrug.

"vegan", a term derived from the ancient Sumerian word for "poor hunter". We get some.
There's an option for images to be "hidden", rather than "public". They still display when embedded here.

I'm looking through the settings, and now I can't see where I found that option. :confused: I kinda remember it was an option when organizing photos into 'albums', because it happens automatically when I add a picture to one of my existing albums.
Maybe after more coffee.

I always upload pictures on Imgur in albums, and set the albums to "Hidden." When I add pictures to a Hidden album, those are automatically hidden as well.

Hidden photos don't show up anywhere else on Imgur, so no one will stumble across them that way, but they can be shared here (or elsewhere) by linking to them.

I always upload pictures on Imgur in albums, and set the albums to "Hidden." When I add pictures to a Hidden album, those are automatically hidden as well.

Hidden photos don't show up anywhere else on Imgur, so no one will stumble across them that way, but they can be shared here (or elsewhere) by linking to them.
Same here, but I can't seem to find the settings option for that anymore.
I just tried creating a new album and I guess "hidden" is my default setting. (I'm on a windows desktop) I'm going to stop messing with it, in case I accidentally change something.

Back