imamba caution

mauiguy

Gold Member
Be careful folks. I sliced open my fingertip the other day. Actually twice. Once by accident, the second time testing it with my other hand to see if that really just happened. It did. They're not deep slices mind you but sharp, painful, and bloody.
The problem is the tip of the blade when closed sits dangerously close to the end of the handle. If you accidentally jam your finger into it like I did, you can/will get sliced. At least there's no venom like a real mamba!

I wanted so much to love this knife. An extra mm on the end of the handle would have made all the difference.

i-Hjhj8VR.jpg

A little bit of sharpening will help with the one you currently have, but the boys back home should certainly be warned and be proactive concerning those in production, no one likes to lose blood, as you have a limited supply at any given time ;)
G2

Definitely reach out to AB. I can feel the tip of the blade on mine if I push my finger really hard into the gap, but it’s not enough to cut myself with.

Mine's similar, but I think a hair less pronounced, and that hair makes a big difference. If I push my fingertip into it hard I can feel it, but it would take a lot to cut myself. But certainly wouldn't hurt for this to be a QC item that gets checked at the factory.

IMG_1567.jpg

Mine was right at the edge of the scales but as much as I tried to get it to bite me, it wouldn’t. I sharpened it once on my Kakbritva and now it’s a tiny bit better and doesn’t bother me now. I can live with it.

Back