Impressed with Utilitac II

So I kind of have this thing for buying 20-35 dollar knives and checking them out to find out just how much you can get for that price range. Most of them get sold to friends for a 20 dollar bill. The Utilitac II will not be getting sold, this thing is extremely impressive for 26 dollars shipped. I can't believe how nice the quality of this knife is. Not trying to be a snob but I have Emerson's, Benchmade's, Spyderco's.............you name it so I do have quality to compare it to. I have the RAT1 but it is just a little thin for me and thumb stud is real close to the scales for deployment. That being said I have no plans to sell the RAT1 but this utilitac really is a home run. It is a beautiful knife that seems to be very well made and has a respectable steel to boot. If you are on the fence about this knife, get one.

Attachments

• ontario.jpg
    ontario.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 74
  • ontario2.jpg
    ontario2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 52
  • ontario3.jpg
    ontario3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 51
Very nice. Who did your scales? I would like to have someone make my scales in the factory configuration with real black G10.

Another Utilitac II fan here. It has a permanent spot alongside all my more expensive folders.

I'm a fan, I have the rounded handle with the satin tanto, it sort of reminds me of the Spyderco Yojimbo II in the way that it is basically a folding meat cleaver. This knife would make a good movie/TV bad guy knife, it is very sinister looking.

My only complaint is that the AUS8A rusts very easily.

Heck yeah, the Utilitac rocks!

The assisted opener 1-A is just as bad ass.

6lFzUrR.jpg

I will keep the rusting in mind. I am looking into getting some real G10 (black) scales made for it, the scales are the only thing that leaves a little to be desired.

Heck yeah, the Utilitac rocks!

The assisted opener 1-A is just as bad ass.

6lFzUrR.jpg

Except the clip only fits the wrong way...I posted in the thread about the assisted Utilitac asking why that was and got an answer from someone from Ontario that basically said it was impossible for them to fit holes for tip up carry...I call BS, and if that is really is the case then they should change the design.

I had a ZT 0350 and a RAT-1. I loved both knives. I still may have the RAT-1, if I can ever figure out the trick to it's disappearing act. Instead of purchasing another RAT. I decided on the Utilitac II, and am quite pleased with it. It has all the sturdiness of the RAT but with the accents of the ZT. Sort of like a RAT/ZT hybrid. And for the price point it can't be beat. I've only had it a few weeks now and haven't put it through any serious use, but I don't foresee much of a problem that it couldn't handle. I would definitely recommend that thing to anyone who's looking for an extremely good budget folder.

What about weight? Isn't Utilitac II kinda heavy? Thinking about getting one soon.
Thanks!

I just got one of these from Amazon on Thursday. Very impressed so far. I have a Rat I also and this knife has that same smooth opening ability. Price from Amazon was $21.50--can't beat that

Mine just arrived yesterday. Man its sweet. Its already my favorite pocket knife! Wish i could find some custom scales for it!

Is there a maker of custom scales for the utilitac ,I would like to have some for one of mine.?

I recently picked up a U2. I like it a lot. The edge was a laser right out of the package. I have designated it a hard use throw away (no disrespect intended). It's very well built, sturdy, and everything I have come to expect from OKC products.

Back