Impressions of Moran fixed blade???

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
I just ordered this knife (the original model, not the new drop point) and would like to know what others think about its performance. I will use it as a field/camping/hunting knife. I've handled the Moran at a local store and was impressed with its balance and grip. How does it hold up in the field?

an excellent camp knife. Light and tough and just the right length and shape for a real camp knife. The steel is excellent and holds an edge a long time. It is now my first choice when we go canoe tripping. you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the comments, bandsidthe.

My Moran should be here any day now. It's my first fixed blade since the Case knife I used to carry camping when I was a kid.

[This message has been edited by Guyon (edited 05-01-2001).]

I got one for my brother in law a couple of Christmas' ago. He is an avid hunter and now uses the Moran exclusively as his hunting knife. He really sings its praises. He likes it so much that he has bought several to give as gifts. I also have one that I like a lot, but admitedly haven't put it to any harder use than kitchen duty, a task at which it also performs well.

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

Shootist

When camping I use my knife primarily for food preparation anyway. The moran is well suited to that function , as you pointed out.

Yeah, it is the best for food preparation. My wife considered this knife as the best fixed blade for sandwich field making and Military as the best folder for the same purpose
biggrin.gif

If seriously - very nice little helper, I do not need more for cutting. Now it is available also with drop point blade.

Back