Impulsive Meanderings

I was going through my collection and Tuf Gliding/Clothing the items in storage. Came across my Impulse which I have not carried much recently even though it's my regular winter coat carry. Mild winter the last few weeks. But it snowed 4 inches today!

That knife has great action. Smooth pivot. Completely rigid handle. No play. Comfortable grip. It's interesting, I just got a Mini AFCK back from warranty service at benchmade. The BM still has blade wobble, rubs liners and some other ills although they did replace the ball detent that had GROUND down in use. That's a knife I don't carry much either and it still wore out.

The Impulse is flawless in every manufacturing way and very tough. It does compare very favorably to knives costing much more.

Why don't I carry it more? Turns out the blade shape and grind don't suit my uses well. I still love the looks, function and feel of the knife even though it's not my favorite user.

Maybe the Paragee...

Phil

You owe it to yourself to check out the 3" Impulse. This has been my carry knife since we first received them in September. Although the style is the same as the original the smaller Impulse is just the ticket for everyday carry. It is just enough knife to completely fill your hand and is also tougher than the original because of the raised area at the pivot. I have never touched the pivot screw and still there is no blade wobble after five months of use and every day carry.

Thanks for your comments on the Impulse.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

Back