In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

I meant my post as a joke but I should know by now that my sense of humor doesn't convey very well through text.....and sometimes does not convey in person either. :rolleyes::D

15706421079_c7b693e303_o.gif

I dunno, it could have been sarcasm. I would still approve, though, as you may be able to guess. But it's generally the sarcastic one who needs the armor and not the pokey thing. At any rate, it's a good way to keep the thread humming along so that 42 doesn't wake up one morning next year and say, "Oh, wasn't I supposed to tell those guys that the blades are available for order?

I dunno, it could have been sarcasm. I would still approve, though, as you may be able to guess. But it's generally the sarcastic one who needs the armor and not the pokey thing. At any rate, it's a good way to keep the thread humming along so that 42 doesn't wake up one morning next year and say, "Oh, wasn't I supposed to tell those guys that the blades are available for order?
Thanks, man. At least I know there is someone out there that understands me. haha.
Do we have a rough ETA ?

Sometime this year. It's a matter of getting the final info I need and then getting into the production schedule. Typically takes about 3 months once the order is placed for the product to be completed, and then about 1-2 weeks to get here from El Salvador.

As-is it's quite fast in the hand and will both cut and thrust effectively for its intended context of use, but it's intended to be a solid foundation for customization. :)

That's what I like! Will get three if I make it in the first batch; will customize one, use another as is, and keep one pure. Chances are good for two additional "canvases", after that!

Is there an updated ETA? I saw on another forum you said it looked like you would have them up in the shop in a week, AND IT WAS OVER A WEEK AGO, lol.
:eek:o_O:eek:

This may seem silly, but, can you use this as a machete? I know swords and machetes are heat treated differently.

This may seem silly, but, can you use this as a machete? I know swords and machetes are heat treated differently.

Actually they're heat treated pretty similarly, and since this is a machete in terms of the construction methods used, it has a standard machete heat treatment. That being said, the performance qualities are geared towards defensive purposes rather than utility, and so would not be the most efficient machete design for typical machete tasks.

Actually they're heat treated pretty similarly, and since this is a machete in terms of the construction methods used, it has a standard machete heat treatment. That being said, the performance qualities are geared towards defensive purposes rather than utility, and so would not be the most efficient machete design for typical machete tasks.
Good to hear! And i realize that, just curious as to how sword like it is vs how machete ish it is

should be a nice change of pace to all my typical " over thick, swing like a 1 handed baseball bat " machetes I've picked up over the years... I'm really excited for these to drop.

The Kingfisher Machete is now officially on-order with Imacasa and I'll be getting the pre-order up in the next couple of days (hopefully today, but I'm juggling so many things right now that it's possible it'll take another day or two.) Due to freight costs for that many of 'em being a little higher now than when we'd last had a run of Baryonyx Machetes produced, cost will be a little higher than we'd originally projected, but not by a lot. These'll still be dirt cheap for what they are.

No shipping to Switzerland? :(
Shipping outside the US and Canada just requires sending us an email with your address and item(s)/quantitiy you want and we give you a shipping quote. If the shipping rate meets your approval, we send a digital invoice, which works just like checking out through the site except we can punch in custom values. Just drop me a line at sales@baryonyxknife.com and I'll run the numbers for ya'. :)

Back