In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

in for 2 with special plus! ...... now the hard part... the wait!

I've found that the waiting is easier if you pass the time by buying other knives, spread out over the waiting period. That way, you are distracted from the wait by other cool toys arriving at regular intervals.....

They're now up and available for pre-order. I'll be making the actual announcement tomorrow if things go to plan. MSRP is set such that post-release street price should be about $42 and change, so not much more than we'd initially forecast.

the-kingfisher-machete-3.gif
YES!

Baryonyx got my money this month with a new scythe. But when the reviews start rolling in, I know I'll be stashing a Kingfisher in the truck as a road trip knife soon enough!

Thanks, FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades !

Has the subject of a scabbard come up? Do you carry replacement sheathes for any of your machetes that might fit the Kingfisher?

Zieg

No sheath because it would have added more to the cost than I considered ideal for the intent of the design. Perhaps we'll have some made as an add-on in a future run if these do well. Generic sheaths will not fit. Custom or DIY will be the way to go. A simple cardboard scabbard is simple and effective.

No sheath because it would have added more to the cost than I considered ideal for the intent of the design. Perhaps we'll have some made as an add-on in a future run if these do well. Generic sheaths will not fit. Custom or DIY will be the way to go. A simple cardboard scabbard is simple and effective.
I'll be hanging it on the gun rack on the side windows of the Suburban, right above the Pattern 1728 Spanish Cavalry Sword. Don Quixote gets the 1728, Sancho Panza gets the Kingfisher!

Zieg

Wow, 42, now I'm catching up on your projects...

This is an awesome blade, at an even more awesome price!!! :thumbsup::eek:

You're the man for arming us swordsmen wannabes (speaking just for myself and my yard's bucket victims) with decent, sturdy blades at affordable prices :D

In for one special plus. :D

I don't think I've ever bought something so nice where the sheath is gonna likely cost more than the object itself though. I guess I could pull a "SE Asia Expedient Grade" and paracord two old floor slats together..NOT! :D

In for one special plus. :D

I don't think I've ever bought something so nice where the sheath is gonna likely cost more than the object itself though. I guess I could pull a "SE Asia Expedient Grade" and paracord two old floor slats together..NOT! :D

Yeah, the cost of a cheap factory canvas sheath would have added at least $15, which seemed antithetical to the goal of the design when homebrew sheaths can be as or more effective and cheaper, and custom ones are way nicer so you might as well not waste money on the cheapo sheath.

Hey 42, just a heads up for which truck to look for? LOL Just kidding. So is it brown?

Oh there's gonna' be like 500x of the suckers coming by motor freight. A brown truck ain't sufficient. :p

Last edited:
Back