In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

I already have a couple nice swords, and can't think of any legitimate use I'd have around the house for one of these. So why do I want one so bad? o_O

Also, super props to you guys on the distal taper! I figure the dramatic profile taper should help with mass distribution as well, to give it better dynamic balance than most other sword-shaped machetes!

Because it's fun, affordable, and functionally designed, albeit for a circumstance one hopes never comes to pass.

And thanks! The all-around poor performance characteristics of sword-machetes currently on the market were a chief inspiration for designing one that didn't royally suck. :p

Any updates? Made an account just for this thread.

The third (and hopefully final) pre-production samples are on their way to us now. Photos were sent ahead of them, and the guard shape is now correct. It remains to be seen if the slight changes to the grip were made, as we'll have to sand down the scales flush with the tang to check. Welcome to the forum! :)

Looking forward to this one....I wanted a Khyber sword from the Ontario Blackwind line, but it came out when every dollar I had that wasn't going to college tuition was going to buying food that wasn't moose. I may have to mod one to suit the desires of my youth, but I like the way this looks already. Hope the first batch isn't a small one!

Looking forward to this one....I wanted a Khyber sword from the Ontario Blackwind line, but it came out when every dollar I had that wasn't going to college tuition was going to buying food that wasn't moose. I may have to mod one to suit the desires of my youth, but I like the way this looks already. Hope the first batch isn't a small one!

500x big enough for ya'? :D

Love it. What would you call this type of sword? It is sort of longsword in shape but with a more sabrelike guard. (Also not fully double edged)

Is there a historical sword comparable to this?

Edit: Nm: read your post describing its inspiration. I will have to get one of these.

It reminds me of those little toothpick swords come to life.
cocktail-swords.jpg

Love it. What would you call this type of sword? It is sort of longsword in shape but with a more sabrelike guard. (Also not fully double edged)

Is there a historical sword comparable to this?

Probably the closest thing it could be described as is a spadroon, but it's radically different from those. The form emerged from taking the qualities I desired and then making use of the features that provided those benefits. The result is sort of like a chimera of a Khyber sword, Chinese butterfly sword, knightly arming sword, and military saber.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...but WHEN?! ;):p

~Chip

This is all very interesting... dangerously interesting... I've always wanted a medieval armory. :D

Will a special grade be available or do you not expect it to be necessary in these?

Special Grade work will be available, as the scales come slightly oversized and the blade only courtesy-ground as is traditional for base-line machetes. The edges are just a few strokes of a file away from being sharp, though, despite being flat from the factory--they're just shy of apexed.

Most definitely interested. If possible, will you send out an email to your subscribers when this is available? A fail safe in case I space.:D Mike

Back