In Honor of Father

willrise said:
I am interested in the 22 inch 31 ounce Kobra by Sher, is the blade 22 inches or is the oal 22 inches? when you decide to buy how do you go about it, and finally any longer kobras coming in soon? Thanks

HI blades are qouted as over length........so 22 inches include handle too.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198282 Ordering instructions..........

Think Kobra may come in length of 25 inches as well.

Order sent and got the Kobra... I ddn't notice anyone saying anything mentioning it, but 31 oz at 22 inches seemed like a lot of weight for a Kobra. My other one is 20" and 21 oz. and seems thick.

I checked with Yangdu and confirmed that it really is 31 oz. and not a typo, so I'm excited to see what it's like close up.

SASSAS said:
Order sent and got the Kobra... I ddn't notice anyone saying anything mentioning it, but 31 oz at 22 inches seemed like a lot of weight for a Kobra. My other one is 20" and 21 oz. and seems thick.

I checked with Yangdu and confirmed that it really is 31 oz. and not a typo, so I'm excited to see what it's like close up.

It looks longer than 22". Maybe 25 or even 30". You may have a sword on the way.:thumbup: I have a 30" that I've used for clearing brush.

Awesome!

Steve

All beautiful , and in their rightful homes . It is quite the coincidence that I too was thinking of a way to honour my Father . I am sure you have made him proud .

I enlarged the image and did a screen measurement comparison with the other knives and it looks like the kobra is about 24" to 24 1/2".

Of course it is hard to correct for camera parallax so actual results may vary :)

31 oz. does seem heavy for a kobra. Should be interesting.

eswartz said:
I enlarged the image and did a screen measurement comparison with the other knives and it looks like the kobra is about 24" to 24 1/2".

Of course it is hard to correct for camera parallax so actual results may vary :)

31 oz. does seem heavy for a kobra. Should be interesting.

It is a 25" I'm sure, so your screen check confirms my estimate. That weight is right in there for that size, and actually lighter than most, and fits in with the current HI trend I think towards lighter knives

The 25" Kobras I have are 32, 34 and 37 oz. respectively. The 34 oz. is Rusty's older Sanu, and because of the balance actually feels heavier.

Norm

Svashtar said:
The 25" Kobras I have are 32, 34 and 37 oz. respectively.
Norm

Now Norm. I understand why you would have 3 25" Kobras, but you must seem just a little nutty to most folks. :p

I can be holding a 12" Sirupati in one hand, and a 20" AK in the other, and my wife will ask me why I've got 2 of those crooked knives.:) ;)

Steve

PS And you knew the weight of each. hehe
Gotta love it!

ferguson said:
Steve

PS And you knew the weight of each. hehe
Gotta love it!

Steve, would you believe that Norm has a spreadsheet with all his khukuri's listed on it and all the particulars and spec's for each one? :eek:
He does.;) :foot:

The only thing not listed is the price he gave for each one and I'm sure you can see the wisdom in that.:thumbup: ;) :D

I can believe it. I have a feeling that Norn's not the only one with a spreadsheet on his khuks. Its actually a good idea IMO. Allows you to compare different models and specimens more accurately.

Bob

I'm in awe and respect of such organization! Norm, You da man!

I used to keep a spreadsheet with all my knives, but I got behind and never caught up. Besides, didn't want that evidence around for SWMBO!

Steve

I do something similar for all of my collectibles.
I have a 3 drawer filing cabinet that I use the top drawer for important family documents, while the bottom two drawers contain a file on just about every gun, knife, sword, cannon, figurine, handmade glass, clocks, pieces of furniture, lamps, and on so many other items that we own. This way when it's time for one to move on to the next life, there should be nobody complaining that one left no information on these items.

Besides, and of much more importance....... it's fun ;)

I use the good 'ol five gallon bucket to store my K's in. Actually I had almost two buckets full until I started gifting them away. :)

Share the joy I say. :D

Back