In love with the Magna

When I first saw the Magna, I had to have one. Generally I prefer plain edge knives, but I think the Magna has the best serrations of any production folder on the market. I was absolutely amazed at the price and how solid this knife is. Of all the knives I own from expensive to inexpensive, the Magna is definately on my top 5 favourite production folders. Thanks to Kit Carson for the design and many thanks to the folks at Outdoor Edge for such an outstanding folder.

Which one did you get the aluminum or the zytel? If you got the aluminum what does it feel like? Also is it a light or heavy knife for daily carry?

I have both the Aluminum and Zytel versions, but I prefer the Zytel version for everyday carry. In a pair of jeans, you won't even notice you have the knife clipped to your pocket although some may find it a bit hefty for dress slacks. I did notice that the Zytel version has slightly thicker liners than the Aluminum version. Both lock up solid with no play whatsoever and are very sharp. The reason I prefer the Zytel version (other than lower cost) is mainly because I don't like the cold feel of metal handled knives, but that's a personal choice. You can't go wrong with either one. From what I understand, the cold forging process gives better strength characteristics to the handle as opposed to die casting. There are alot of over-hyped and over-priced knives out there, but for the price and quality, the Magna can't be beat.

Back