1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

In Memorium; Forum friends who have passed on

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Codger_64, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    I received sad news from Howie's brother, Ron. Howie passed away suddenly a few days ago. He will be sorely missed here.

A few weeks ago we got news that Doug Webber had passed. Both were great gentlemen and avid Schrade collectors.

Ronzo1007 and TonySal like this.
  2. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Smoke sent for a couple of fellow enthusiasts.

Ronzo1007 and Codger_64 like this.
  3. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    I very much enjoyed seeing the posts of both of these fine men. I was fortunate enough to get to know Rich some. Great guy, honest and true. This news saddens me. May they both rest in peace. My condolences to their respective families.

Ronzo1007 and Codger_64 like this.
  4. Ronzo1007

Ronzo1007

Oct 15, 2019
    Thank you gentlemen. He was a big brother in all aspects of the word. He's terribly missed.

5. FatCity67

FatCity67

Sep 22, 2013
    Sorry to hear the news. Howie was always so polite in his answers or responses the few times we interacted.

Condolences to family and friends.

Codger any thoughts on a memorial thread to those who have passed? Several other forums I'm on have them.

Ronzo1007 likes this.
  6. Kulrich

Kulrich Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2016
    I just heard today of Doug Webber's passing. Doug and I got acquainted via our collecting of Aurum etched knives. We bought and sold knives to one another as well as did some trading. Doug had been ill for some time but recently got a new doctor and was positive about his prospects. Doug will be missed, we never met face to face (planned on meeting up at next years Blade Show) but through our phone conversations and emails I found him to be a solid guy and through my knife dealings with Doug, I found him to be honest and trustworthy. They don't get much better in the knife world than Doug. God Bless.

Codger_64 likes this.
  7. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I can hardly believe this news. Rich and I emailed at least every week and we talked a few times on the phone. Lots of laughs together and we kept each other in the know regarding knives for sale. He probably had more Herman Williams knives than anyone else unless maybe Doug Webber. He had just retired. If anyone can give me contact information for his brother I would very much appreciate that.

8. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    Ronzo1007 above is his brother.

9. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004