In need of sheaths

Anyone out there have some extra sheaths? I have a #2-4 and a "fishtail" Guardian which are without sheaths. The 2-4 is probably pre-1990 (yellow ivorite) so I'm looking for a RBJ for it. I believe the "rubber band" sheath would be correct for the Guardian. (This will probably be a tough find.)

If this post is out of line, please just delete it. :eek:

Thanks, Ev.

Hi Bill,

I'm sure others more knowledgeable about Randalls can tell you more about the "rubber band" sheath. It was a sheath used on the early Guardians, and its design employed an O-ring around the handle area of the sheath. The rubber O-ring gripped the knife to keep it in the sheath. No keeper strap was used. The modern Guardian sheath is a pouch type, and the close-fitting pouch keeps the knife secure without a keeper strap. A strap probably wouldn't work with this knife because it doesn't have much of a hilt.

I wish I had a picture of the rubber band type. (Picture is worth a thousand words, etc.) If you have Robert Gaddis' book, it is shown on P. 239 with an explanation on P. 240.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ev.

If you can't find an original of the RBJ sheath for the 2-4 we can make a reproduction of it for you. As a reproduction sheath it will have to have both the RMK and SHS trademarks on it.
Work time for hand cut custom sheaths is about 5 months right now. If you want to place the order contact me by phone or E-mail and I will give you the details.
Sorry I can't help you out with originals for those knives. You might contact Tom Clinton, he usually has original sheaths available for some of the RMKs.
His e-mail is: tlclinton@aol.com.
Hope this helps out. Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the nice reply. I have Tom's phone number. I need some of those padded cases also, but have been hesitant to call him as I heard he had been hospitalized a while ago.

Ev.

He was hospitalized for a LONG time but is well on the road to recovery and getting back into the swing of things with his knife dealings. You can contact him via his e-mail address or by phone. Greg.

Back