In praise of big whackers

Hi All,
As I get back into the swim of things, I've found more work to do than I ever wanted. I had a stack of sheetrock trashed during my long layoff. tree droppings:p and some water dammage that I was unable to fix in a timely manner. Not to mention some "weeds" that were planted as flowers (not my idea) that sent out runners in all direction and just about took over the yard. And even more stuff!:(

I still can't swing blade or hammer very hard, so.... I employed the old bromide, "The smaller the man, the bigger the hammer". I got out my trusty 21" AK (one of the first from SHOP2) and had at it. I don't need to swing hard at all, I've just let the weight of the knife do the work and things are comming along well, if but slowly. That big blade has made digging up those runners fairly easy without ripping the yard up. Shovels and digging forks would have made a real mess of things.

This is "THE" knife that I have reached for most in the past, for work, except for my "beloved pet" villager from batch #1.
Dan

What does your AK weigh? I have been thinking hard about an 18" or 20" AK. I like your idea of letting the blade do the work instead of your arm. Smart.

munk

Dan
Welcome back! We've missed you; hope things are going well for you.
Berk

Thanks for the greetings:) It's good to be back.

Monk, The thing weighs about 3.5-4lbs. There is a huge difference between an 18" (it seems like just-the-day-before-yesterday, when we were kicking the idea of an 18" AK around and wondering if we could get the smiths in Nepal to make them)and a 20+"AK. The 18" is more like an elongated 15"er.
Dan

Better absent and return and absent forever.

And just to show you how my brain is working these days, Dan, how bad were the mosquitos on the river?

Back