in the spirit of the season...

love the threads of all the beautiful sharp and pointy coming to all the knife nuts:thumbup: Any of you guys gifting knives this year? i get a big kick out of doing it almost as good as getting them myself, almost:D
Tomorrow i'll be giving my 12 year old son Liam the following:
1) a case amber bone russlock (i know a love it or hate it pattern)
2) an old western whittler that was my grandads, well loved but alot years left in it... something old, something new.
My son tends to go for the more modern stuff but he appreciates the traditional knives, think the russlock is just different enough that he'll get a kick out of it, dont see too many of them. And the whittler is well just perfect and the first of many of my grandads that will eventually be passed onto Liam.
anybody else gifting? what and to whom
Merry Christmas
ivan

Great choices Ivan. :thumbup: I hope Liam gives you a big smile for Christmas when he opens them. One of the best gifts a dad gan get, IMO.

No knives as gifts from me this Christmas. I did get my nephew a Spyderco Baly-yo as he enjoys stuff that requires some hand-eye coordination like Kendama toys (japanese ball in cup game).

Merry Christmas,

Chris

Dad will be getting this Fight'n Rooster for Christmas.
dadfr1.jpg

dadfr2.jpg

One nephew is getting a nice MOP Congress, all nephews are getting little widget pry bars I hand wrapped, several people are getting Moras, the ex got a pink Kershaw Leek, and the may be more yet...haven't really decided...lol.

I am giving my brother a Case Bermuda Green Swayback Jack. He asked for a Tony Bose/Case Colaboration- Arkansas Hunter in Ebony until he heard how much they were :) I think he will really like the swayback. Any Case knife for Christmas would be a gift for him. Hope you all have a Happy Holidays!

I got my son a Queen Canoe with Honey Amber Bone.

qn64acsb.jpg

I'd like to think that, after the video games have been long played out, this might still be around and of some use to him...

Lots of knives will be wrapped up, sorry that the recipients had to use other knives to open them up ;).

Dad got a red bone CV Peanut. He grinned like a little kid when he opened it (he was visiting earlier this month).

FIL gets a mini-copperlock in black barnboard bone. We'll see if he likes it tomorrow.

Might give BIL a knife. Kind of torn -- have a hard time getting along with him, but want to. He got his Phd this year, so I'm thinking I will, just to commemorate it.

Giving a cubscout a knife, in conjunction with Garrson -- whenever the mailman decides to deliver it, anyway. :D My wife works for a mail-order company, and they sent some stuff out, paid extra to rush it. It's not getting delivered for 10 days after shipping, so the company and the customers are ... pleased. :D

I bought a Rough rider stockman in tortouse for the Yankee swap at work and the big guy picked it. He was impressed with it.

Back