In the year 1974, Twenty Three Hours and viola, a Custom Knife.

Antiques have the 'patina" (did i spell that right?) worn from hand polishing and simple oil. Yvsa did the same with his knife. I am neither an antique nor an expert but after fooling with wood for a few years usually just rub oil into whatever...if it is a gun grip or knife handle, and it gets damaged, all you have to do is smooth and re-oil. Simple for me in a world of too many answers.

Yvsa, I ordered Norton 175th anniversary stones, both fine/course, one one is a 'pike' and one an indian oil stone. What lubrication should I use? You mentioned a famous knife guy used WD-40

munk

Originally posted by munk
Yvsa, I ordered Norton 175th anniversary stones, both fine/course, one one is a 'pike' and one an indian oil stone. What lubrication should I use? You mentioned a famous knife guy used WD-40

munk

Munk if WD-40 is good enough for Jerry Fisk it's good enough for me.:)
Actually I can see several benefits. Almost everyone has it, it's cheap and it's light enough to be similar to water.
The last is just an idea of mine as I realy like water for a honing agent, but you can't use water on an oil stone so the WD-40's viscosity is perfect for me.
Last but not least is that it cleans up easily.:)

You're gonna love these stones!!!!

Haven't used them yet, but I've paid three times the price for an inferior product and I can't believe I got two of these babies for 25 bucks. Really glad you posted that when you found it.

munk

Heehe! Is dancin' nekkid with a flower over yer dangly bits a display of Dignity, or Modesty? I can't tell which...

Funny stuff!

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Ferrous, you might want to start hiding the cutlery before your wife goes into labor. And remember her attitude when she gets to 8 centimeters. They'll tell you afterward they forgive you... that's the medication talking. They don't forget!

Ferrous, you might want to start hiding the cutlery before your wife goes into labor. And remember her attitude when she gets to 8 centimeters. They'll tell you afterward they forgive you... that's the medication talking. They don't forget

:D sound advice

my wife in labor "WOULD YOU HOLD MY DAMN HAND ALREADY!?!?!"

10 seconds later...

"LET--GO--OF--ME--GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!"

More advice Keith if you have a hairy chest: Do NOT let her get her hand anywhere near it--OWWW!! Yeah its nothing compared to labor but it does make your eyes water when several dozen of em get yanked really hard:eek: :D She CLAIMS that she was trying to pull my shirt to get me closer....:rolleyes: Rightttt....:D

Thanks for the pre-emptive advice, Rob and Rusty. I'll shave my chest befoar entering the delivery room. With gestational diabetes, they say the kids tend to be 10+ lbs! She is gonna KILL me.

Makes me wonder about my grandmother, as she delivered my dad and hos bro, both over 11 pounds. They say today she probably had gestational diabetes, but it usually goes away after the kid is born--she never even knew...

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Hey Keith my brother in law's wife has 4 kids (all very healthy) and she had gestational diabetes with all of them, but her kids were normal sized--of course she on the other hand....:eek: ;) Just kidding, she's a great lady:)

BTTT for "Yvsa Appreciation Day"...

:D :eek: :D

He deserves his own day donnt he?

"( edit by Rusty - this post of Keith's is numbered 666 - always knew that boy was agoin' places "--Rusty

I never saw this edit, Rusty--heehe! Not sure what the signifigance of those three big apostrophes is tho...;)

Keith

BTTT once again for those who missed this the first time...

I guess that's better than going threads and digging up old nuts...:cool:

:p

Back