In Your Dreams Slay Boy : 940-1 in M4?! Will we ever see one ?

I just went to the Benchmade site and that is still not an option.
Was there ever a special addition and I missed seeing it ?
I have S90V but want M4 . . . I'm a spoiled only child :(
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it,
Don't make me sit here and hold my breath . . .
. . . while I grind a blade from a Military in M4 to fit my 940 . . . don't make me ! ! !

OK . . . I'm calmer now.

I've resisted grinding my 940-1 (S90V) into a full flat blade about 2mm thick (or a bit less) because of the cool dark coating on the blade and it is my first 940 so don't want to mess it up.

But . . . if I were to ever get one with an M4 blade in my grubby little paws I wouldn't even get all the box tape off it before I was merrily grinding away . . . oh don't think I wouldn't.
Heck the M4 will even make it's own dark hazy finish.
Let me at 'em . . . just let me at 'em ! ! !

The only one I can think of that had M4 was the 940-121.

SAM-8110.jpg

SAM-8113.jpg

The only one I can think of that had M4 was the 940-121.

SAM-8110.jpg

SAM-8113.jpg

An Army Navy store in my hometown in MT had one of these for sale for $350 about three years ago. A few days after I flew back to Oregon I called the store to see if they'd do a phone order and ship it to me. "We sold that one this morning"

Been kicking myself ever since. They also had a 7505-132 for $400 that I also missed out on.

Wouldn’t it make sense for the 940 to be in the custom shop already? It’s like their most popular model. Not sure why the put the crooked river on there before the 940.

Wouldn’t it make sense for the 940 to be in the custom shop already? It’s like their most popular model. Not sure why the put the crooked river on there before the 940.

I wish it were, but am kinda glad it isn't (or I'd probably be several hundred dollars lighter!).

I know it's been hinted at a couple times (the 940 in the custom shop) but am still waiting.

Without doing any real research, the main reason it's not in there - I speculate - is that the 940 is one of the most popular models for other retailers to have a custom run issued and because of that, there are (probably?) fairly sizeable contracts with said retailers for producing those runs. Therefore, if one could go into the custom shop and just build their own, it would probably eat into those other contracts / sales and would be less profitable. Even though those special runs probably have some unique materials and appearances that wouldn't be offered in the custom shop, which people would still want to hunt those down, it would probably be to a lesser degree. I know I've mentioned this theory one other time, but don't think anyone posted their thoughts on it. I'm probably wrong, but hey, why else wouldn't you put one of you most highly-sought, highly-reviewed knives on there?

Other than the Griptilian, is there a more ubiquitous model out there? I'm really asking here, because I don't know what most people see, honestly, but at any of the stores I visit, there are usually multiple Grips in various revisions (as well as 940s), but much less (if any) of other models. Yes, the Grip has exclusive runs for various retailers, but off the top of my head, I'd say the 940 has many more... anyone have the figures there? Probably reaching here (even further), but maybe the Grip was a test to see how the custom shop builds affected exclusive run sales?

Again, I'm probably wrong, but how many people were asking for a custom shop barrage (even though I have one of those hah) vs. a custom 940?

They’re saving that move as a trump card. With the scandal taking place we may get an m4 940 in cf yet boys!
Thanks for the education all.
hmmmmm
I just put a dollar in a coffee can to start saving up against the day this comes true.
Well . . . I'm off . . .
I've been putting off looking in at the "Benchmade debacle" I guess I have a reason now.
. . . admittedly it's not a very good reason but it's a reason.

Thanks for the education all.
hmmmmm
I just put a dollar in a coffee can to start saving up against the day this comes true.
Well . . . I'm off . . .
I've been putting off looking in at the "Benchmade debacle" I guess I have a reason now.
. . . admittedly it's not a very good reason but it's a reason.

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil man.

They’re still a good company with good intentions in my eyes, just a little ridgid in their ways.

If they ever put the 940 in the custom shop...hint...HINT...
Agreed.

Just offer customers a few basic options:
  • 3 different G10 scale color options
    • (save: aluminum & CF for production 940 models)
  • 3 different steels (S30V, 20CV & M4)
    • (save S90V for the 940-1)
  • 3 different blade finishes (Satin, DLC or Stonewashed)
  • 2 different hardwares (Satin or BLK)
  • 3 different standoff color options (perhaps BLK, Satin & Gold)
    • (save: blue, green & red for production & gold-series)

Damn, I must be dreaming.

Back