Index not showing recent posts or threads

Gents, when I click on HI site, the index does not show nay posts more recent than 10/10; yet, there have been many such posts - i can find them via "search" function. Is this my poor old PC or a problem at yout end? (IN GENERAL DISCUSSION INDEX, there is a gap in posts shown betrween 10/05 and 10/14. Same situation?) Thanks. TAL

It's not at our end. You're seeing an old cached page, either cached on your computer or at your ISP. Try hitting control-F5. That's a hard refresh (assuming you're using Internet Explorer; if not read your help for the equivalent). That's supposed to go straight to the source for the newest version of the page, but it doesn't always. If it doesn't, your ISP is caching and ignoring hard refreshes -- hassle them about it.

If it does work, your browser settings aren't configured the way they should be. Click Tools, Internet Options, and then the settings button under temporary internet files. Make sure it's set to check for newer versions on every visit to the page.

Back