INFI and Delta 3V in the Woods - An East Coast Camping Trip - Weekend of 5/3/19

zmbhntr

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿
Gold Member
About three years ago I set up a camping trip in order to get a group of Busse enthusiasts into the woods to use our knives. The trip was a success and the 6 of us that attended had a lot of fun. Last year I hosted a second spring camping trip, and it too was a blast, so much so that it's now a spring tradition. Now that spring is quickly approaching and the weather is getting nicer, it's time to set up another trip for those that would like to attend. Everybody here on this forum is welcome to attend, and you are welcome to bring friends so long as they are respectful of my property and the other people attending. Family is welcome to attend, but there is likely to be drinking around the fire in the evenings (and probably other times too) so keep that in mind if you want to bring little ones. The camping trip will be the weekend of Friday May 3rd through Sunday May 5th.

Here is the thread from the trip in the spring of 2016, pics start around page 10 I believe: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...st-Camping-Trip-v2-Weekend-of-April-30th-2016

Here is the thread from the trip in the spring of 2017: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...oast-camping-trip-weekend-of-4-28-17.1475105/

My land is a little over 50 acres in WV; most of it is pretty steep but there are plenty of places to pitch a tent that are accessible from a gravel driveway. I do not have running water or electricity on the land, but I do have plenty of room for us to put our INFI to good use, have a big fire, and enjoy the woods.

There is a Walmart (11 Harness Rd, Moorefield, WV 26836) nearby that would probably be the best place to meet at and get supplies if anybody needs anything. There are also plenty of restaurants nearby if people don't want to eat camp food the entire time. It's obviously not required to attend the whole weekend, if you can only make one night or just a day that is completely okay.

People that are attending (list will be updated when more people confirm):
  • Zmbhntr
  • breavis5694
  • rcb2000
  • resinguy
  • legaleagle
People trying to come (working on schedule etc.)
  • zombieassassin
Here are some pics from the previous trips:
5D648EEC-4B27-4F8C-B062-95C5129AF0C4_zpsr5o5y6rg.jpg

D587702D-3D99-4EFF-ADCC-90BF45A85F18_zpsatm2hfvy.jpg

B659C631-19FB-40A9-BE03-FA108F167A3B_zpsaker1vd8.jpg

Last edited:
Planning my own irish wild camp at minute your property looks awesome and so does the tableful of busses

Hahaha! I’m lost! I’m so used to seeing this in the Busse forum, that’s where I thought I was when I replied in the CPK forum.

You folks have fun. Too far away for me.

We've only done this twice? Seems like I remember more food and fun than that? OTOH, bourbon may have been involved.

Not sure yet on this one. Sunday, May 5 is our 40 year wedding anniversary. If I tell resinwife about this she will almost certainly encourage me to attend. But that could come back to haunt me. (married guys get this)

decisions, decisions...

We've only done this twice? Seems like I remember more food and fun than that? OTOH, bourbon may have been involved.

Not sure yet on this one. Sunday, May 5 is our 40 year wedding anniversary. If I tell resinwife about this she will almost certainly encourage me to attend. But that could come back to haunt me. (married guys get this)

decisions, decisions...
What’s her email? ;)

Lots of steel out there. Good thing you brought along a big enough blade for that cake !!

Gosh, I wish I could come but, school is still going on in early May.
An absolutely perfect time to have a GTG though.
May is a mighty fine month!

Plenty more camping spots are still available

So did the weekend GTG happen? Where's the pics?

Garth

Unfortunately, the rain was supposed to be extremely heavy all three days, so the trip got postponed until this summer. We are working on the exact date, but I’ll post it here when we have it nailed down.

Sorry to hear that, but I could not have made that date. Maybe still a chance then....

Back