INFI Magnetic?

was adjusting the placement of my Sus on my conceal carry setup and noticed that the metal screws and stuff kept getting pulled to and stuck to my handle. Never noticed it before

It could be the screws that are magnetized. Do they stick to anything else around you? Fridge? Or to blade itself (as opposed to the handle)?

I just tested this theory. The screw stuck to my Infi NFNO. I thought it must be the screw. I tested it on my Ratmandu sr101, it did not stick. To make sure it wasn’t the coating causing it to not stick, I tried the Ratmandu LE satin sr101. It did not stick. I tried again with INFI, it picked up the screw.

I just tested a bunch of knives on 3 different screws with the same results. Here is the steels that won’t pick up the screws. SR 101, cpm s30v , zdp 189, H1, MAXAMET, mild steel.

Here are the steels that will pick up all three screws. INFI , S35VN, VG-10, 1095.
Sooooo yeah. Don’t know what any of this means, but there you have it. Hope this helps.

After over almost 20 years and 100's of Busse's yep they can come from the mother ship magnetized.
something to do with grinding I am sure.
You can run them through a demagnetizer (real thing, look it up) if it bugs ya.
I have ground on INFI and it will get magnetized as the fine INFI dust sticks to the blade :)

Hey that makes sense. The VG10 blade was picking up the screws with a solid click. That blade I sharpened on a belt sharpener today.

Hey that makes sense. The VG10 blade was picking up the screws with a solid click. That blade I sharpened on a belt sharpener today.

Think rubbing a balloon on your head and it sticks to you :)

Yea I just thought it was kinda interesting. I guess certain metals can pick up and hold a magnetic charge when worked.

All ferrous metals can pick up and hold a magnetic charge. That’s why they call it ferromagnetic.

Stainless can become magnetic by work hardening , it changes the austenite to martensite a stage that can be magnetic. So two pieces cut from the same base material can be either magnetic or non magnetic depending what phase or stages of forming that they are subjected to.
Way too deep for a Friday night , back to drinking and a photo
9GHIYPQ.jpg

9GHIYPQ.jpg)

Back