INFI vs SR-3V

Game playing again? You mean you don't know he has his own forum here? Really? 😂
No, until I saw his replies here, I didn't know they are present onto the forums. When I saw your reply now I was just exploring his user and his posts and I reached the CPK side of the forums. I am keeping an eye on CPK for some time, but I didn't buy anything yet. I thought they are only present on youtube. Their website looks like a startup with nearly no knives available for sale at any point in time. Now I see they take some orders via forums. Interesting... I will watch the CPK forum from now as well. I like very much what they're doing (except for the scarcity of products - which I hate on both them and Busse).

Fantastic year so far!

Who thought that 2024 would bring me the chance to have legends like Jerry Busse and Nathan Carothers replying to my threads on a forum. 🤔🤩

Oh yeah. Once you exceed the elastic limit, and are in the plastic deformation range, there's definitely going to be a difference between knives with different heat treats. Knives with a higher yield point (as a rule, harder) will continue to increase force as it goes up the stress strain curve (it is basically a line in this range, steel is a linear elastic material), and knives that are actually taking a permanent set will yield.

I didn't realize that was the argument being made.

Most people don't use their knives like that. But, yeah.
Not your fault, because it wasn't the argument being made. This new argument came about in the need to win an argument. Like you've correctly pointed out most people don't use knives like that, so this really was out of the scope of the discussion and only served to muddy the waters and perpetuate the confusion.

No, until I saw his replies here, I didn't know they are present onto the forums. When I saw your reply now I was just exploring his user and his posts and I reached the CPK side of the forums. I am keeping an eye on CPK for some time, but I didn't buy anything yet. I thought they are only present on youtube. Their website looks like a startup with nearly no knives available for sale at any point in time. Now I see they take some orders via forums. Interesting... I will watch the CPK forum from now as well. I like very much what they're doing (except for the scarcity of products - which I hate on both them and Busse).

He makes great knives. You certainly should try them.

Oh yeah. Once you exceed the elastic limit, and are in the plastic deformation range, there's definitely going to be a difference between knives with different heat treats. Knives with a higher yield point (as a rule, harder) will continue to increase force as it goes up the stress strain curve (it is basically a line in this range, steel is a linear elastic material), and knives that are actually taking a permanent set will yield.

I didn't realize that was the argument being made.

Most people don't use their knives like that. But, yeah.

Yes, if the elastic limit is reached for 3v heat treated by joe blow at 20% less force than your 3v, your 3v is still in it's elastic range, and thus, appears to resist more. That was my point. So it appears to have more resistance than the other blade, because it does. It's yield point is higher, thus it has more resistance.

Lmao! So my take away from the steel hardness to stiffness to bend to spring back to staying bent to break ratio discussion is that it really doesn’t matter, until it does! And when it starts to matter can be different depending on blade geometry AND steel used/HT. Is that about right? 🤔

Lmao! So my take away from the steel hardness to stiffness to bend to spring back to staying bent to break ratio discussion is that it really doesn’t matter, until it does! And when it starts to matter can be different depending on blade geometry AND steel used/HT. Is that about right? 🤔

This is going to require quite a bit of drinking and I'm in of you're in! 😂

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Shhhhh . . .Tell no one!

I can't even talk bad about you to the wife, because I know if I turn on the TV you're watching me. At 2am, I've heard the TV yell, "COBALT, it's ANDRE'!!" at me. And it sounds like you. I don't think I even sleep any more.

I can't even talk bad about you to the wife, because I know if I turn on the TV you're watching me. At 2am, I've heard the TV yell, "COBALT, it's ANDRE'!!" at me. And it sounds like you. I don't think I even sleep any more.

Whatever happened to Andre, and his collection?

Of course, I could ask the same about Idahoskunk.

Whatever happened to Andre, and his collection?

Of course, I could ask the same about Idahoskunk.

People maintained contact with him(andre) and I have seen some of the knives he had end up for sale on ebay, so guessing most of it is sold off. As for skunk his collection is not near what it once was and I think he's let go of a lot of stuff. I think he needed to get shoes and laces for his kids. He may need furniture for his wife. So you never know. He may have some original mistresses and steel hearts that he may want to sell. If you are looking for another one.

Back