Info on my new Brend???

I just picked up this Walter Brend neck knife today, trying to track down a little info on it.The blade is 11 3/4 inches long from 5/16 inch stock, looks like #2 grind black Micarta handle in original sheath.It is used but not abused, does not look like it has ever been sharpened.Check out the pics and tell me what you think.It is a little large might trade it for one of his smaller neck kinves.
Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• brendneck2.jpg
    brendneck2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 301
Hard to tell the condition of that piece of junk. . .err. . .I mean fine piece of metal. . . ;)

I'm thinkin'. . .ya need to send it to me for a closer evaluation ! For I'm a subject matter expert of Brend Neck Knives ! :D LOL

Actually. . .I love those Brends ! And you got a fine one too. Not too sure about it being a neck knife thought. . .Unless you're Shaq !

Matt,

You're right, that looks bad on you. Life is TOO short to wear an UGLY knife. I have a MINT brend neck knife, skeletonized version, that I will trade EVEN for that one of yours :D ;)

Neil

Matt,

The knife is a Brend Model 2. 11 3/4" blade, 5/16th inch stock (note, almost all Brend Model 2's have 5 1/6" stock), more than likely the knife is D-2.

The knife has what appears to be a "second" generation handle. The knife is probably 8-10 years old.

I would recommend you wear the knife on your belt as opposed to the neck carry configuration you have. :D

That is one huge knife. I carried a 10" Model 2 for a week long field problem. Upon my return the 8 1/2" Model 2 went back on my web gear.

Back