Info on this knife?

Was told it was a Koyote knife, but has only a superficial resemblance to others I've seen. There is a lightly etched mark on second photo. Thanks for any info.

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00063.JPG

It is a Koyote knife. That is Christof's Mark. I would say probably one of his older ones.

Thanks for the info. It's a great little knife, will be my daughter's camp knife. Makes sense that it's an older model, looking at the leather.

I have a few from.... almost four years ago and they are marked. Before that I'm not sure. I'm guessing older because of the "style" or shape, looks a lot like his older designs.

Christof sells at costco now? Man, I'm going to have to get over there. I usually wait in the parking lot while my wife brings home the bacon :D

heheh.

***(note to all, I had a MAJOR computer crash and am currently behind approximately 238 emails, and am still finding all the bits to my spreadsheets)****

Okay, that out of the way, it's one of the much, much older ones. I'll dig up the photo reference as soon as I am able, since that is how I track serial numbers. Definitely pre200, almost certainly pre100. I've only done a very few (I believe 4) in dymondwood.

it is, definitely, 15N20. I at one point would try acid etching using beeswax resist and it worked okay, but wasn't quite there for me.

also-regarding sheath- this is one of the first of the proto-expedition models. At that time I hadn't really figured out that it was THE way to make a bushcraft sheath :)

Back