Information on this khukuri...

Hello folks!

I'm hoping someone in here will be able to tell me more about the khukuri shown below. My co-worker's father in-law used to collect antiques in Ottawa and came across this piece. They guess it might be from the 1920's or the 1930's.

The handle appears to be horn and there is a lion's head on the butt-cap. I'm not sure what the bolsters and accents are; there is bit of brass and maybe nickel or something.

If you want some VERY high-res pics then check out my site. Any information is appreciated.

Cheers!

Burton

Attachments

• patkhukurisidea.jpg
    patkhukurisidea.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 139
I am no expert, but...
I can't tell from the picture, but if it says "India" in the middle of those engravings on the blade, then I have a similar piece, only mine has a metal handle. The blades would be identical. Mine is most certainly a tourist piece, it's not terribly old and came without any edge at all (i.e. too dull to cut butter).
Like I said, I am no expert, but I am relatively sure it's an Indian tourist cheapie. Yours might be old, though...
Just my CDN$0.02
No flames if I'm wrong, please, just correct me in a somewhat stern fashion.

Gave it a look-see @ your webpage, and yes, it is a Khuk-like object as opposed to the real deal. Pretty standard Indian interpretation.

It is a decorator piece.

Thanks for sharing!

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Back