Inkosi Lockup Question

I received a brand new Small Inkosi Insingo w/ Natural Micarta from my AD today. I know this has been beaten to death, but this is the first CRK that I have owned that has a ceramic ball for the lockup. I know by looking at the blade open it is an illusion that it is ~85%, so when looking at the mark on the tang from the ceramic ball it looks ~50%. Am I correct in my assumption? It is a solid lockup and no blade play. It should be okay, correct? BTW - this Inkosi is the sharpest knife ever to come direct from CRK.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 149
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 137
Yes, that is normal for CRK with the ceramic ball lock. I have the Sebenza 25 (basically the same as large Inkosi) and it almost looks as though the lockbar is all the way towards the other scale when the blade is open. Same as you said with the mark on the blade tang is only about 50%. Just the nature of a round ball being used to contact a flat surface.

To ease your potential worries, I've used mine for nearly a year and the lockup hasn't migrated at all. ;)

Yup its correct as stated above. The ceramic ball surface that actually touches the blade tang is a bit away from the edge of the lockbar surface.

Inkosi/25/Umnumzaan lockup % basically what ever it looks like when open deduct ~30% or so.

+50% was preferred with the 25 at least, from what I read a while back from CRK & was w/in spec. Could be mistaken though.

hodo615 hodo615 It's perfect. I find I like the deeper set on the Inosi and ‘Zaan. IMO, it feels more secure set deep, especially when pushing the blade.

I simply don’t care if it’s at 99%, as long as it works well and properly. Besides, if you grip an Inlosi solidly for use, your gonna move that lock bar in some. I have yet to have a folder that won’t, but I don’t buy overbuilt folders. Tim stands behind his product and will fix it if it’s his or your fault. Use the tar out of it and send it in for repairs when it’s time. This is why we all buy these knives...or so I think.

hodo615 hodo615 It's perfect. I find I like the deeper set on the Inosi and ‘Zaan. IMO, it feels more secure set deep, especially when pushing the blade.

I simply don’t care if it’s at 99%, as long as it works well and properly. Besides, if you grip an Inlosi solidly for use, your gonna move that lock bar in some. I have yet to have a folder that won’t, but I don’t buy overbuilt folders. Tim stands behind his product and will fix it if it’s his or your fault. Use the tar out of it and send it in for repairs when it’s time. This is why we all buy these knives...or so I think.
HST HST , I agree. Out of all the many, many, many CRK knives over the past 20 years I have only had an issue with a Mnandi a few years back (sent to CRK and fixed under warranty). The Inkosi is indeed in my pocket and being used. Thank you!!!

Reactions: HST

Attachments

• 945AAE4B-BF5D-4FD9-A649-FCA6D2DC6B9C.jpeg
    945AAE4B-BF5D-4FD9-A649-FCA6D2DC6B9C.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 21
  • 5DDD3739-15A2-4126-A589-F809DE3FA1B3.jpeg
    5DDD3739-15A2-4126-A589-F809DE3FA1B3.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 20
  • FE92EB79-85D3-4184-BBAB-03538CFC3A79.jpeg
    FE92EB79-85D3-4184-BBAB-03538CFC3A79.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 19
One more...

Attachments

• B9B150CE-5503-4615-93F1-92F038C119C1.jpeg
    B9B150CE-5503-4615-93F1-92F038C119C1.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 11
BellaBlades BellaBlades - here are a few pics I just took to hold you over.

Hey thanks, that's the only thing that helps.
That is the variation I almost purchased this morning. It was a close call. They are all great though. I waited 4 months for my custom. I guess 3 days won't be too bad.

I will have it just in time for our week vacation when the kids are off.

Last edited:
Hey thanks, that's the only thing that helps.
That is the variation I almost purchased this morning. It was a close call. They are all great though. I waited 4 months for my custom. I guess 3 days won't be too bad.

I will have it just in time for our week vacation in April.
Enjoy the knife and have a safe trip!

Speaking of Inkosi lockup, I understand the ceramic lockup is supposedly an upgrade to avoid future lockstick. I would be curious how many have abandoned the 21 and gone all Inkosi for that reason.

I am not a fan of the Inkoosi pivot and how the sweet spot is difficult to find and maintain on mine, but the 21 is a non issue. Give me the ceramic lockup of the Ink and the brushing of the 21 and I would never buy another knife.

Only thing from keeping these from being the perfect knife, for me at least.

I don't have the Inkosi but my Umnumzaan has a wide range for the "sweet spot" assuming you mean it's centered, no blade play, and opens smoothly. I can do almost a 1/4 turn with no change.

Back