what does this inscription mean, it is on a BSI#1
Capture_zpsfp32x1t3.png

This post should probably be in the HI Cantina.

I suggest that you post a photo of the whole knife and tell us as much as you can about it. The more information you give, the more you are likely to get.

A posting by Jay Goliath from 06/17/2014 has some relevant information. See this thread: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ell-me-about-my-quot-ORDEP-NEPAL-quot-khukuri

Within a long, very informative post, Jay says this:

"The higher quality versions of this [BSI] kukri I have seen, were made by kami employed by the British army themselves working at Dharan army base. They are normally marked "Ordep Nepal" with a date stamp. {Generally from the mid 1980s.} With superior fit & finish, they have a superior feel to the ones marketed today that I have handled. They were made in 2 grades, the higher quality finish ceremonial parade, with plastic scabbard, & the rougher utility versions."

Hi this is a mark on a service #1 kukri does any body know what this means thanks

capture2_zpsqrmk2ggk.png

Dharan is a region of Nepal. No idea what the number is unless they were serialized or something.

i have been able to find out somethings, ordep nepal 87 is how kukri made at the BRITISH ARMY ordnance depot were marked. Question since the depot is in Dharan does that signify that kukri marked Dharan nepal 87 were also made at the British army depot in Dharan. Is ORD NEPAL THE SAME BUT SHORTER, thanks Mike

The top kukri marked ord nepal isn't correct. They were marked ordep nepal. The one on top looks like a windlass steelcrafts that has had fake markings added to raise its value.

Hi, thanks that is good to know. the knife is not the sames as the ord nepal. The knife pictured is mine and is marked ordep nepal 87

Back