integrating gator with Black Rattle Snake, double paneled Bowie sheath ..

Padded double paneled Bowie sheath . please tell me if you think the two skins marry up well on one panel ? :)

This is not done yet but I thought I'd post of some of which I do have close to done so far.
this first picture shows where I cushion paneled the skins, what you can't see real well but make the Snake pop a little is that I used 24k gold leaf foil under the skin the padding under it is expanding the skin enough so that the gold leaf can be seen between the scales of the skin, the skin is just shear enough to see it... looks cool up close and personal. the right end is the top.

craig-sheath0003.JPG

this one is an up close picture of the Snake skin , the color got shot some how :rolleyes: thanks for looking
craig-sheath0004.JPG

The colors are great. I like the use of the foil.
Can we get another pic with more of the sheath showing?

not right now the sheath isn't made yet only this front panel, Sorry
as you can see I need to clean what I've done up some still.
hand sewing leaves some wax behind and I still need to over stitch it and do some clean up. I'll post the rest when I get more of it finished though.. thanks for looking and commenting :)

Dan ,I usually like what you, but I think mixing two different skins is somewhat distracting.Just me I guess. Dave:)

Dan the foil looks good in there. Cant wait to see it finished.
thanks Bruce

Dan ,I usually like what you, but I think mixing two different skins is somewhat distracting.Just me I guess. Dave:)

Dave that's what I want to hear the yes's and no's.. :thumbup:

I knew from the start putting the two skins together would be a bit contrasting, and a chalenge to do..

as it's seen in the picture I do agree with you too where
the two skins look about the same size
tell me again what you think once you've seen the whole thing in a true ratio aspect with this picture I've thrown in a curve ball sorta with this picture this way intentionaly..:p
:D the Croc skin is about 3 times as long as the Snake, so I'm shooting for the Snake as more of an ornament look to it at most.. we'll see if I can change your mine when you can see the whole thing ;) :D

Sneaky, sneaky...I wondered why so little of the croc was showing. Can't wait for a bigger pic.

I'm going to have to wait until I can see the whole sheath before knowing for sure if they work together.

Back