Interesting knife.

Not mine and I’m not buying or selling it. Just wondering about it.

Has a wood pommel which usually means it’s a war time knife. But it has a brass guard and I believe a brass pommel cap.
Anyone know anything else about it? Thanks.

The Mark 1 was based on the commercial hunters of the 1930s. Blade was about 5.25 inches in length and it usually had a stacked leather handle. The rest of it was all over the place depending on the maker and the availability of materials. they were fullered or unfullered, in a variety of finishes, with pommels made of steel, aluminum, bone, stag or wood. The OP has not provided dimensions for his knife, but it seems to be in the right size range.

link:

n2s

It is not a MK 1. No KA-BAR MK1s had double guards or wood pommels. It is a commercial hunting knife. Stag pommels? no USN MK 1s had stag pommels. The Pal MK 1 had a zinc pommel and the Colonial MK 1 had a plastic handle and pommel, Camillus MK 1 usd a bakelite pommel. I have several KA-BAR hunter models made during the war with wood pommels and steel butt caps and guards and a couple like the OP knife with wood pommels with nickel butt caps and brass guards.

Last edited:
Back