intro, thanks, and question

Hi all, newbie here. Decided it was time to buy my first good folder so I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks to get some quality opinions on what that would be. It seems the Ritter mini-grip was well thought of so I recently bought one and a sharpmaker (again well thought of on this forum) to keep it sharp. Been very impressed with this forum (so much so I had to join) and would like to thank you all for generously sharing your knowledge and experience. I've been also very impressed with the mini-Ritter, great blade, real nice size for my needs, cut the hell out of a finger flipping it open and closed when I first got it, so, DAMN sharp too!! Only beef I have is the pocket clip interface with the textured grip on the handle. Seems like I'm going to shred my pocket in no time with that thing so my question is: is there any kind of slim sheath with a pocket clip available? How about a belt case that really fits the knife? Thanx in advance and thank you again for all your help.

Welcome to the forum.

There are any number of places where you can get production belt pouches and custom ones too. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions from the knowledgeable people here but while you're waiting you can do some googling on sheaths and pouches and so on.

To start you off, have a look HERE

I forgot, there is a member right here on BF that might be able to fix you up with something. HERE is his website.

basjoo said:
Only beef I have is the pocket clip interface with the textured grip on the handle. Seems like I'm going to shred my pocket in no time with that thing ...
If I were to face that problem, I would (carefully!) remove the pocket clip, file the textured surface lightly where it met the clip, and replace the clip.

There are also nylon, leather, and custom pouches available, although most have a belt loop rather than a clip.

You might ask Dave Abramson about a leather sheath, or Eric Noeldechen about kydex.

Thanks all for your replies. Although a logical suggestion, it would pain me greatly to file the handle of my new knife so it seems a sheath of some sort is the way to go. Appreciate the suggestions on makers, I'll check them out.

Back