Off Topic Introduction of sorts

Hey! I’m a young bladesmith (won’t say how young since I’m not sure what the age limit is around here) out of Texas, this will be my first thread. Haven’t been around here much, figured it would be good to make an account and put a little thread about myself for those who might dig through google sometime. Sorry if this isn’t orthadox. Saw they did intros like this on the abs forums. To give this a little substance and reason to be here, I’ll add some pictures of my recent works. I’m always working on improving, so critiques are greatly appreciated

Welcome Kale.
Nice knives there. Do you make your own damascus?

As for age, you state you are 19, so you are fine.

There was a law called COPA that didn't allow children under 13 to participate in online sites predominantly populated by adults and dealing with adult or dangerous topics. In 2009 the Supreme Court placed a permanent injunction on the law saying it interfered with free speech. Personally, I was in favor of keeping people too young to safely make knives from posting here. They were free to read the content, just not join and post.
Bladeforums still follows that rule voluntarily. You can find it at the bottom of the page in the Terms and Rules.
Heere is what it says:
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.

Welcome Kale.

There was a law called COPA that didn't allow children under 13 to participate in online sites predominantly populated by adults and dealing with adult or dangerous topics. In 2009 the Supreme Court placed a permanent injunction on the law saying it interfered with free speech. Personally, I was in favor of keeping people too young to safely make knives from posting here. They were free to read the content, just not join and post.
Bladeforums still follows that rule voluntarily. You can find it at the bottom of the page in the Terms and Rules.
Heere is what it says:
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
I’m a bit younger than that, force of habit. Most websites and areas in the community don’t take kindly to anyone younger than 18. I haven’t been able to make my own damascus yet, limited to hand tools. Thank you!

Hey! I’m a young bladesmith (won’t say how young since I’m not sure what the age limit is around here) out of Texas, this will be my first thread. Haven’t been around here much, figured it would be good to make an account and put a little thread about myself for those who might dig through google sometime. Sorry if this isn’t orthadox. Saw they did intros like this on the abs forums. To give this a little substance and reason to be here, I’ll add some pictures of my recent works. I’m always working on improving, so critiques are greatly appreciated

Super awesome stuff Kale, welcome!

Tip:

The first blade (with the beautiful hand satin) looks like it has a bit of squeeze out on the front of the scales. I only caught it because for some reason any clicking on the page zooms the screen in a ton. A little q tip soaked in acetone will clean this right up when you're gluing everything together, i do this right after i get the clamps set. Some people swear to only swipe in the direction that the satin is going to avoid any grit that might have found it's way into your qtips, or paper towels, but I keep them sealed off somewhere safe until i'm ready. Last thing you want to do is wreck the satin you worked so hard to produce, during glue up.

Super awesome stuff Kale, welcome!

Tip:

The first blade (with the beautiful hand satin) looks like it has a bit of squeeze out on the front of the scales. I only caught it because for some reason any clicking on the page zooms the screen in a ton. A little q tip soaked in acetone will clean this right up when you're gluing everything together, i do this right after i get the clamps set. Some people swear to only swipe in the direction that the satin is going to avoid any grit that might have found it's way into your qtips, or paper towels, but I keep them sealed off somewhere safe until i'm ready. Last thing you want to do is wreck the satin you worked so hard to produce, during glue up.
I’ll do that, thank you sir!

Welcome Kale.

Heere is what it says:
Could you update my age to 14? It says I have to contact someone to get it changed. Sorry for the confusion

I'll be glad to pass it on to the tech folks. What is your actual age?
When you say, "force of habit", do you mean you habitually don't tell people the truth?
Remember, being honest is the largest part of your reputation, and a knifemaker's reputation is what he has to offer others. If it starts off on a bad foot many folks never recover it. Best to start with the truth.

Separate questions:
Did you just do the handles, or did you make the blade, too? Nothing wrong with that, just curious.
Also, who's spirograph damascus is that. Looks pretty nice.

Welcome to the forum Kale! I can't wait to see what you did with the rag phenolic you picked up not too long ago. :)

I'll be glad to pass it on to the tech folks. What is your actual age?
When you say, "force of habit", do you mean you habitually don't tell people the truth?
Remember, being honest is the largest part of your reputation, and a knifemaker's reputation is what he has to offer others. If it starts off on a bad foot many folks never recover it. Best to start with the truth.

Separate questions:
Did you just do the handles, or did you make the blade, too? Nothing wrong with that, just curious.
Also, who's spirograph damascus is that. Looks pretty nice.
Force of habit to not do the age thing correctly. Most websites that are knife related require you to be 18, and I just swiped the age roller back to a bit above that.
I do all the stuff myself, normally work in small batches because of time constraints. Actually a mustard patina, customers request. Sorry again, appreciate you changing it

Let me say nice work on the knives, hopefully you don't get banned.
Just for reference, I was given my first knife at 8, first shotgun at 10.

I'll pass on your new birthdate of March 5, 2009 to the admin folks.
I started forging over 60 years ago ... at age 11.

Back