Introduction

Been lurking around for awhile and did not see an introduction thread anywhere. Name is Ed, been a knife guy for more years than I can remember. Bought my first Spyderco a few weeks ago and it's been a down hill addiction. Since then, I have bought another four and my new favorite edc is a Gayle Bradley that replaced a Benchmade that I have been carrying for years. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself and I look forward to learning more about these fine blades.

The good news is you're not alone! The bad news is we're not going to help (with the addiction :p).

I started with a Persistence a few years ago. I kept seeing all the praise for Spyderco, but was skeptical about the opening hole and the looks, and wasn't used to spending more than $20-30 bucks on a knife at the time.

That all went out the window as soon as I had the Persistence in hand. Within a week or so I also had a Chaparral, PM2, and a Military. I've lost count, but I think I'm up to 30 or so now and I should have a Baby Jess Horn sprint landing today. :)

Good luck in your search!

Hey Ed, welcome to the forums! Definitely a lot a fella can learn on here. Sounds like you've been bit by the Spyder pretty good! The Gayle Bradley designs are very nice. I've got one in my pocket today actually. Enjoy your time here, there are some really great folks!

Bought the tenacious first to see what these knives were all about (did not want to spend a mint on first one). I beat the ever loving crap out of it and tried to dislike it which I failed. Since then, Native 5 with titanium scales, Gayle Bradley 2, Para 2, and Delica 4. Next one I'm looking at is either a original Bradley if I can find one, a Yojimbo, or a hilt/subhilt

Back