Iowa is now an approved SUPPRESSOR STATE!!

WHOHOO... hold off on some future knives... I'm getting one for my ar-10 in .308!:thumbup: :D:D

http://cbs2iowa.com/news/local/iowa-governor-signs-bill-into-law-legalizing-gun-suppressors

GRINNELL, Iowa (AP) — Gov. Terry Branstad has signed a bill into law that legalizes the use of gun suppressors in Iowa.

Branstad signed the bill Thursday at a firearms supplier in Grinnell. It goes into effect immediately and makes Iowa one of at least 40 states to legalize the device, also known as a silencer. The legislation passed earlier this session 46-4 in the Senate and 78-21 in the House.

A suppressor is designed to silence or muffle the sound of a weapon that is fired. Supporters say it reduces potential damage to hearing. A gun safety advocacy group registered against the bill.

Suppressors are regulated by federal law. Iowa residents who purchase such a device will need to pass a background check and pay a fee, among other requirements.

Cool. I just don't understand why it's prohibited up here. Probably because of James Bond movies or something. Makes guns even more dangerous. Never mind it's safer for hearing and less annoying to other people. Cars and bikes need to be muffled why not guns. Makes too much sense I guess

Back