• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Iron Wood Sway Back Folder #353

T.A.DAVISON

Slip Joint Knife Maker
Slipjoint Folder,

Very nice walk & talk, take a look.

353AA.jpg

~~ $450.00 ~~​
Sold - Thanks!​

Folder - #353

Scales - Iron Wood
Steel - ATS34, Rc. 60 - 61, cryogenic quenched
Bolsters & Liners - stainless steel
Shield - stainless steel, inlaid by hand, dbl. pined to the liner.
Pivot bushing added, and mill relieved for clearance.

Closed - 3 1/2''
Open - 6 3/16''

Half Stop
Hollow Ground
Hand Finished
Knife shipped in a leather case.

You can say I'll take it here.

Thanks for the looks.
Have a great day.

T.A.DAVISON
knife maker

I'll take it Todd. I've been an admirer of your knives ever since you started posting them.

Rudd Simmons

Todd, please don't go up to $1000 just yet. i'm hoping you post a 2 blade swayback with rear bolsters(if this combo. "works" outside of my mind), maybe in that California Buckeye Burl. but i'd have to live in front of my computer screen, 'cause your knives only last a few minutes.
roland

Todd,

Just sent the money to crazyknifeblade via PayPal. Let me know if there are any problems.

I love the way the blade continues the line in the handle. What would you call that blade shape?

One last request, if you could put a sharp edge on the blade before sending it.

Thanks again.

Todd,

Just sent the money to crazyknifeblade via PayPal. Let me know if there are any problems.

I love the way the blade continues the line in the handle. What would you call that blade shape?

One last request, if you could put a sharp edge on the blade before sending it.

Thanks again.

Rudd,

Payment received fine, thank you.

This blade is a wharncliffe blade.
And I will make sure it has a hair splitting edge.

Enjoy the new knife.

Thanks again.

Todd Davison
knife maker

This knife is SOLD - Thank You!

Rudd, we all rave about our T.A. Davison knives 'cause the're friggin perfect and that includes being very sharp.
i doubt Todd would even be able to send out one of his knives unless everything was right on, including blade edge.
that's a beautiful knife you now own. you'll have trouble putting it down, maybe even take it to bed with you. not only will the blade be truly sharp, it's been hardened enough that it will stay that way through a lot of usage.
those of us who own one of Todd's knives are fortunate. roland

I'll second what Roland said. I'm giving #233 (elderbox, clip point blade) a real run for its money. I carry it everyday in my left front pocket. The quality of workmanship is remarkable. It's like carrying a work of art in your pocket. When I have a few free minutes, I will take it out of my pocket and just admire the precision that Todd puts into his folders.:thumbup:

This is one beautiful knife! I am a sucker for wharncliffe blades and the DIW is gorgeous. Unfortunately, most of us have to place some limits on our knife impulses or we would be like the home mortgage crisis. Therefore, I haven't bought a slipjoint yet, but yours are very tempting.

Paul

I really like the look of that! The swayback is just such a cool design, and the liners and spacer look like on piece of metal, sweet F/F!

Thank you all for the great compliments, they are very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

Todd

Received the knife and unfortunately I have been consumed with work and unable to post until now. First I was surprised with the quick turnaround. I bought the knife on a Thursday and Todd had it in my mailbox on Monday morning. No waiting around!

We all talk about how beautiful Todd's knives are and this one is no exception. The fit and finish on this thing are the best I've ever seen. The burl in the wood is polished so that it appears to be translucent -- it seems to have a "depth" like really good mother of pearl. The steel throughout has a satin sheen so that it appears to be all of a piece.

Todd's pictures have always been some of the best on the web and his knives live up to their pictures. However, what can't be conveyed by a picture is how the knife feels in use. It was here that I was really surprised. I have and use a lot of production slipjoints -- Case, Queen, Schatt & Morgan, etc. This knife is the first folder that I have ever used that "feels" like a fixed blade. It feels solid yet balanced in the hand; the ratio between blade and handle length feels just right; and it closes up and disappears in the watch pocket of my jeans. It's so beautiful that you just want to leave it on your desk but the real joy with this knife is in the using.

Good work Todd. Thanks.

Back