• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ironwood Burl Mini Hunter

SOLD

For Sale – Ironwood Burl Mini-Hunter

IronwoodMiniRIghtProfile.jpg

This is a beautiful smaller hunter clothed in some amazing Ironwood Burl on 440C stainless steel for lasting durability. If you’re not aware, Ironwood Burl is becoming very rare and when available it has become extremely expensive. I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to find IW Burl as nice as this again. This knife is razor sharp, balanced with a tapered tang and ready for work. Unfortunately the pictures do not do this piece justice but I’ll let them speak for themselves.

I'm making this piece available here because some of the shops carrying my pieces aren't getting their normal tourist traffic due to the economy. Their loss is your gain because I'm selling it for what the dealers pay so I can move it.

SPECS

OAL:
Blade: 2 7/8” Flat Ground
Blade Steel: 440C Stainless
Handle: Premium Ironwood Burl
Bolster: Nickel Silver
Pins: 1/8” Mosaic
Tapered Tang: Yes
Sheath: 6-7oz Premium tooling leather by maker

IronwoodMiniRIghtScale.jpg

IronwoodMiniLeftScale.jpg

IronwoodMiniTaper.jpg

IronwoodMiniMakersMark.jpg

I put my makers mark on these in a "ghost" format (it looks like etching on glass) so it's difficult to photograph on a mirror polished blade.

SOLD

International Sales welcome, overseas buyers pay actual freight and only Paypal is accepted for out of the U.S. sales.

Paypal: paypal@jarrettknives.com

Thanks for taking a look. Please check out my web site as well.

Last edited:
Beautiful wood. My parents live in Estes Park. I guess the weather and the economy haven't been that kind to tourism this year. You ever display your knives in the shop in-town Estes? I always go in and look at the custom stuff there when I am visiting.

That is one awesome knife! if I had not bought 4 more knives this week I would have taken it.

Hi Allen, we're not far from Estes and I know the shop you speak of. It's a nice shop but difficult to get into. Talk about set in your ways...whew. I prefer to sell in the "other" tourist spots like Aspen, Vail, Breck, etc. Due to the variety of people that vacation in those spots, many of my pieces now live in Europe.

Wayne,

That is a nice looking little knife, with beautiful Ironwood burl.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks Hawk. She is a sweet cutter - one of my favorites.

P.S. Don't let the shadows on the blade in the pic's fool you. It's tough to photograph a highly polished blade and I'm no "Coop". ;)

Wayne,
I will take the knife if it is not sold.I will give you a ring to pick up early next week.

Tom

"She's sold to the lady in the second row...She's an eight, she's a nine, she's a ten I know"...Oh wait...Dang it...I hate it when a song gets stuck in your head.

SOLD

Sounds great Tom. I'll wait to hear from you and we'll hook up then.

Last edited:
Tom,

Congratulations. The knife should clean up quite nicely, I tried not to drool over it too much. Once again, a simply beautiful piece.:thumbup:

Wayne, sorry for the error in the previous post. I have already spent my knife budget for the month but I would not have let her sit lonely and unclaimed all weekend.:D

Cheers,

Dan

Wayne,

Received your knife and the work you do is just beautiful. The iron wood burl is great. Love the knife like my 1st kid. Great job:D

Tom

Back