Is Every Cold Steel On Amazon Fake?

I've never received a fake from Amazon .com as the direct seller .

Be careful when buying from the other sellers listed on Amazon site .
I agree with this. I ve bought several from. Amazon.Com that were legitimate.

If the price is to good to be true it almost always is. I found an online seller that was selling CS knives at 60 to 70% off. I closed the site. No way they are real. In ebay, its a hit or miss. I usually only shop conus on ebay and most individual sellers have one they need to sell.

If the price is to good to be true it almost always is. I found an online seller that was selling CS knives at 60 to 70% off. I closed the site. No way they are real. In ebay, its a hit or miss. I usually only shop conus on ebay and most individual sellers have one they need to sell.
If the site you’re referencing starts with an M and ends in a Y, they actually do have genuine Cold Steel knives. If that’s not the site you’re talking about, then disregard.

If the site you’re referencing starts with an M and ends in a Y, they actually do have genuine Cold Steel knives. If that’s not the site you’re talking about, then disregard.

No, this one is starts with cutlery..... No way they are legit.

No. It is cold steel at the end. Prices are stupid low. Cant be legit, IMO

gotcha. figured it wasn't but.....

sometimes they have older out of stock stuff on their website at old pricing.....thats why I asked.

it's everywhere anymore. saw the other day a website selling an orient star diver watch, everyone else was selling at higher 400s to mid 800 range, for 183 bucks. it's name was identical to a real shop but a different dot ending. setup in 2023...

so it's just too obvious it's fakes or a ripoff site. bad part was Google shopping found it and was listing it. it is a buyer beware deal out there......

They had the old coated large warcraft for 83 bucks. Lol.
I found that site. saw the prices and yep im betting ripoff site, selling chinese fakes. although some of the prices aren't too far off, but others are crazy cheap, so maybe seconds theyre selling without saying so...or errors in listings.

regardless they have a target store in houston as it's address and location. at first I thought okay maybe it's one of the other tenants in the plaza ....but doesn't appear to be any possible. other than maybe a check cash place.

Last edited:
There are lots of po box style places that you can base a business off of. Its a physical address that receives and sends your mail. But you are not physically at that location.

Does it matter if it's "genuine" cold steel or a fake product, both are equally BAD in terms of quality and execution.

Does it matter if it's "genuine" cold steel or a fake product, both are equally BAD in terms of quality and execution.
Nonsense. I've had Cold Steel knives since the 1980s. Some of them I've personally seen being made.
As with all large scale factory production knives you may get the occasional lemon. Sometimes certain models may have issues.
But that applies to every large maker.
One can not generalize about all the knives made/sold by a given company, good or bad.
Exceptions are known junk sellers like BudK, or unmarked Pakistani/Chinese knives.

I've bought a few off Amazon with no problems. I always look at the store it's coming from when buying from them though.

You have used fewer words and just said “I’ve never used a Cold Steel knife.”

G Grumpy Old Man , do elaborate. What models did you find to be bad quality/execution?
Five pieces of Ti-Lite, different versions and all with faulty locking. Then I decided to stop buying cold steel products until this year I was gifted two cold steel products. Fortunately, they have no moving parts and are 100% plastic.

Koga-SD1-SD2.jpg

Five pieces of Ti-Lite, different versions and all with faulty locking. Then I decided to stop buying cold steel products until this year I was gifted two cold steel products. Fortunately, they have no moving parts and are 100% plastic.

Koga-SD1-SD2.jpg
Weird. I’ve had a bunch of Ti-Lites myself and found them to be the most secure liner lock design I’ve ever experienced. Actually have never heard anyone complain of a faulty lock on a Ti-Lite, come to think of it. Are you sure they were genuine? It’s one of the most counterfeited Cold Steel knives.

Weird. I’ve had a bunch of Ti-Lites myself and found them to be the most secure liner lock design I’ve ever experienced. Actually have never heard anyone complain of a faulty lock on a Ti-Lite, come to think of it. Are you sure they were genuine? It’s one of the most counterfeited Cold Steel knives.
I'm sure they were all genuine. Bought from trusted dealers. Most were early models. One had a titanium handle.

Back