Is it legal importing a double edged fixed blade dagger to Canada

Hi everyone, I am new to Canada, and new to Bladeforums too. I am planning to buy a double edged fixed blade dagger from the US, but I am not sure if it is legal to do so.

Could anyone had similar experience share the story please? Thank you very much!

That’s really hard to say. I think the only type of dagger knife banned from importing to Canada is a push dagger. Plus, autos, balisongs, gravity knives and trench knives with knuckle dusters are banned from import as well. That’s pretty much the extent of my knowledge on Canadian knife and import laws. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

PS — I’ve also read that “bladed finger rings” and “spiked wrist bands” are on the banned list. Don’t know what they mean by spiked wrist band. Is that an Assassin’s Creed style hidden blade or a wrist band with just pointy spike tips emerging. That seems rather vague and could possibly include jewelry you find in stores like Hot Topic if somebody wanted to interpret it is as such.

That’s really hard to say. I think the only type of dagger knife banned from importing to Canada is a push dagger. Plus, autos, balisongs, gravity knives and trench knives with knuckle dusters are banned from import as well. That’s pretty much the extent of my knowledge on Canadian knife and import laws. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

PS — I’ve also read that “bladed finger rings” and “spiked wrist bands” are on the banned list. Don’t know what they mean by spiked wrist band. Is that an Assassin’s Creed style hidden blade or a wrist band with just pointy spike tips emerging. That seems rather vague and could possibly include jewelry you find in stores like Hot Topic if somebody wanted to interpret it is as such.

Hi! Thanks for your detailed reply! It is just a regular dagger, fixed blade, like a shorter sword, but double edged... I guess it is fine, as it is not stated in the prohibited item list, but still kind of worried.
Thanks again for your help!b

Should be fine, they are available from most Canadian knife stores, so as long as the dealer is reputable, should be no problems. Though that said, no promises, CBSA really does write their own rulebook.

I've had no problems importing double edge knives. They are not illegal to import or to possess in Canada.

Back