• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Is it September yet? I have game knives.

Here's a quick four knives for sale, September knives.

Every September we start our traditional hunting season with upland fowl and small game, moving into turkey, deer, high flyers and whatever else grabs your fancy. So here's some knives to help with the season:

Here's the listing:

#1 $75 shipped USPS priority mail. (larger necker versions available at workingknives.com, a BF supporter)

#2 SOLD $65 shipped USPS Priority.

#3 SPF $85 shipped USPS Priority

#4 $120 shipped, USPS priority

And now the fun part, the knives themselves! one photo in the OP, I'll follow with more photos after.

#1 is a small scandi grind necker, with a fairly long and dextrous blade for the overall length. Jim Kelly at workingknives.com has a few other examples of the type, this one is a bit smaller.

15N20 steel, .095 thick with a shallow scandi grins. 6.25 inches OAL, blade is 3 inches. Handle scales are ipe, with brass pins and a Koyote Girl necker sheath.

237-0001.jpeg

#2 is- a working miniature. A very handy small knife with a tiny blade and a lot of utility.

OAL is 4 1/8 inches and the blade is a whopping 1.5 inches. Taper grind (sorta like a flat grind) with a regular V edge in this case. Same 15N20 steel and a vinegared forge finish. Scales are bocote with stainless pins.

238-0001.jpeg

#3 is a shortfinger in cocobolo. .095 15N20 with a full taper grind and some distal taper, and a convex edge. This has a nice fat handle and a regular pouch sheath and makes a very nice lightweight EDC in addition to being a great game knife.

I prefer a straight spine to a caping point for scraping and it does a good job on animals with the full belly in the 2.25 inch blade. Overall the knife is 5 3/8 inches long and the scales are round and fat- a full .7 to .8 inches wide along the length of the handle.

239-0001.jpeg

And an EDC pattern spearpoint utility. This is a great lightweight field knife, but tough enough for batoning. Handled in walnut burl with brass pins and lanyard tube. Simple pouch sheath.

.095 15N20 steel with a scandi grind and a forge finish. Blade is 4 inches and the overall length is 9 inches. A very generous contoured handle with an integral semi-guard for comfort and safety.

224-0001.jpeg

more photos follow

Last edited:
Christof,

Please, be so kind as to send #2 my way.

(Paypal sent)

Oh, Christian is going to hate you :D But he already has one on the way.

I think the walnut is pretty nice on that one, but it didn't photograph as well as it looks in person. It has a good depth to it, but it's a darker piece.

The first one has brass pins? I'm really enjoying the smaller knives you have been making lately...and the medium and large ones as well. :D

too much yellow haze in the air yesterday! Those are stainless pins. I like that one a lot having a bit more blade. The handle is short but how that works depends on what you do, I did a small amount of test cutting on a chicken and I like the feel for that type of work.

The shortfinger is a REALLY handy little blade, that's the one with the brass pins. :D

Nice seclection of Knive's for the "Small Game Hunter" Christof, I really like # 1, It would look Great In my Necker Collection "And be a Great Little Squirrel Skinner", These are all Beautiful ! Nice Work Koyote,

#2 arrived but wasn't mine for very long. Wife has a new knife now though....

Back