Off Topic Is Kerry Hampton still making knives?

I came across a Kerry Hampton made Elephant ivory golf divot tool the other day. I think he made 12 of these around 2012 or so. I had forgotten I had it. This got me thinking that I haven't seen any new knives in a while. I have mostly been in the modern folder sub forum for a while. I remember he worked with Tony and took a majority of his pics.

The last post I see on this site from Kerry, @KnifeHead was in January of this year. That's all I can offer.

I recently inquired and the answer is "no".

It's not as if he will never make them again....but at the moment he is not taking orders and is not sure if/when he will start up again.

But I know he is at least considering it.....only time will tell

I think at this point Kerry is best thought of as a hobbyist knife maker. An extremely expert and skilled one, but a hobbyist nonetheless.

Kerry makes an excellent knife.

47810900222_bf015d6642_b.jpg

Ernie1980 Ernie1980 joeradza joeradza Thanks gents :thumbsup: I do carry it quite bit but it's a tricky knife to photograph with my limited skills and eyesight.

Kerry was a very amusing, individual, controversial and informative voice on the Forum and that's missed too. (by me at least;)).

Whatever his reasons for stopping making knives, he stopped at the top of his game and that's admirable. Hope he does some more though.:cool:

Back