Off Topic Is Kerry Hampton still making knives?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by HOKIE_FAN, Jul 29, 2020.

1. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    I came across a Kerry Hampton made Elephant ivory golf divot tool the other day. I think he made 12 of these around 2012 or so. I had forgotten I had it. This got me thinking that I haven't seen any new knives in a while. I have mostly been in the modern folder sub forum for a while. I remember he worked with Tony and took a majority of his pics.

2. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The last post I see on this site from Kerry, @KnifeHead was in January of this year. That's all I can offer.

HOKIE_FAN likes this.
  3. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 15, 1999
    I recently inquired and the answer is "no".

It's not as if he will never make them again....but at the moment he is not taking orders and is not sure if/when he will start up again.

But I know he is at least considering it.....only time will tell

HOKIE_FAN likes this.
  4. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    I think at this point Kerry is best thought of as a hobbyist knife maker. An extremely expert and skilled one, but a hobbyist nonetheless.

Kerry makes an excellent knife.

[​IMG]

5. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    If he starts up again, he'll have an appreciative audience that's for sure.

[​IMG]

6. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
    Thats for sure! He's very talented and makes beautiful knives.

7. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Will that swedge is amazing!

Will Power likes this.
  8. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Haven't seen you post that before Will. It deserves to be seen more often. Superb!

Will Power likes this.
  9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @Ernie1980 @joeradza Thanks gents :thumbsup: I do carry it quite bit but it's a tricky knife to photograph with my limited skills and eyesight.

Kerry was a very amusing, individual, controversial and informative voice on the Forum and that's missed too. (by me at least;)).

Whatever his reasons for stopping making knives, he stopped at the top of his game and that's admirable. Hope he does some more though.:cool: