is leatherman most likely going to make a regular multitool similar to the MUT?

is that the way they seem to be going? its like, first the PS1, 2, and 3 were the original, then they went to outside opening blades for a while (wave, charge), and now they seems to be doing the skeletool, style cs, and mut type designs, does it seem like they are going to make more multitools in the mut design to anyone else? is this the new leatherman style?

I personally think the mut design is fantastic, just replace the carbon scraper with an awl or scissors, and the punch with a file. and make the blade 154CM plain edge. then it would be perfect. Best feature are the hammer, v cutter, carabiner, and pocket clip IMO.

has anybody that doesn't use firearms on a daily basis gotten past the gun stuff and used this for edc?

I got mine as a birthday present from my brother and didn't expect to carry it much due to its size, but being a present I gave it a chance and now carry it semi-regularly. The butt end definitely comes in handy. I probably use that as much as any other tool on it. It works for prying as well. Actually I suppose I use it in the same ways I used to use a flat head screwdriver incorrectly, prying with the tip on occasion (e.g., paint cans), and hitting something with the butt end to get it in place when the screwdriver is closer than a hammer and will work :p

I like all the changes you propose since I don't use it in relation to guns :thumbup:

The new OHT has the cleaning rod attachment, so yeah, it sorta is the normal tool version of the MUT.

Back