Is LionSteel out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering...I bought an SR-1 Ti grip (very well made folder, BTW) and had some questions about it, emailed Gianni, info@lionsteel.it and Michele Molletta (in this order) but no answers so far - too bad, I was kind of hoping about good customer service from an Italian company too... :-(
Regards, Erminio

Grazie Michele! Proprio ora che avevo trovato un folder per cui vado matto...velocissima domanda su cura della lama e del pivot visto che qui (Arizona) non sono abituato a Sleipner e Teflon...lubrificazione e cura di pivot e lama, va bene la Tuf-Glide o suggerirebbe altro? Gia' che ci sono, posso chiederle perche' la scelta di quei materiali invece di S30V e bronzo/fosforo che qui vanno per la maggiore (Strider, Chris Reeve, Hinderer...)? Ancora complimenti per l'ottimo folder e grazie!
Erminio

I have seen your mail, sorry for the delay in answering to you..... I have just bought a new software, SolidWorks and SolidCam so It is one week that I am like a kid.... all day a school !!!!!!.... Grrrrrrr
Next Monday I will be again in my office.....

Grazie Michele! Proprio ora che avevo trovato un folder per cui vado matto...velocissima domanda su cura della lama e del pivot visto che qui (Arizona) non sono abituato a Sleipner e Teflon...lubrificazione e cura di pivot e lama, va bene la Tuf-Glide o suggerirebbe altro? Gia' che ci sono, posso chiederle perche' la scelta di quei materiali invece di S30V e bronzo/fosforo che qui vanno per la maggiore (Strider, Chris Reeve, Hinderer...)? Ancora complimenti per l'ottimo folder e grazie!
Erminio

Sleipner is not an inox steel but in all model built in this steel there are not corrosion problem. Tuf-Glide can be used for more protection.
Sleipner have a very good edge retention.
SR-1 is tested with bronze and teflon. No problem for both solution.

Thanks Gianni, I understand the feeling!
I'm usually a nicer guy and wouldn't create a pushy thread like this one...I was just very excited to have a nice folder like the SR-1 designed and built in Italy and a little concerned that the stupid economy put you out of business :-( Let me know about my questions when you can, thanks! Erminio

I have seen your mail, sorry for the delay in answering to you..... I have just bought a new software, SolidWorks and SolidCam so It is one week that I am like a kid.... all day a school !!!!!!.... Grrrrrrr
Next Monday I will be again in my office.....

sounds understandable. i have been using solid works for the past few years, i am a civil engineer. hope you have fun with it!

As in blade steel improvement? I don't see much room for improvement in the SR-1 design...it's already very good, as I wrote.
Thanks! Erminio

sounds understandable. i have been using solid works for the past few years, i am a civil engineer. hope you have fun with it!

I do hope so!!.... :D
it is a great software, I need only some time to make practice..

Sorry to say, but I also had a lot troubles contacting Lionsteel by email. Here is my history of contact tries:

• October, 4th 2011 - 1 answer from Gianni Pauletta, I answered on:
  • October, 5th 2011 - no answer
  • October, 27th 2011 - no answer
  • November, 24th 2011 - no answer
  • January, 28th 2012 - no answer

I wrote all mails to the info@lionsteel.it address. I fully understand, when people are busy or don't want to communicate with me. But then please just drop me at least a short note saying 'i will answer your mail in two weeks' or 'we don't like you.' ;)

I will write a new email today. It would be really great to get an answer this time.

It has been 8 days since my last email to Lionsteel now. I still got no answer. :-(

So, unlike what the Title of this thread hints at,

...LionSteel is alive and well,

...but bad at getting back to it's customer by email.

I do like their products, but will keep their Customer Service in mind.

Big Mike

So, unlike what the Title of this thread hints at,
...LionSteel is alive and well,
...but bad at getting back to it's customer by email.
I do like their products, but will keep their Customer Service in mind.
Big Mike

Have you had any disservice from LionSteel?... have you heard about any post-sell disservices?
LionSteel is a small company, I am trying to take attention to any problems that happen to our items.
For this reason this year we have introduced a life warranty for defect in material and workmanship. You will find more details about LionSteel warranty at:
http://www.lionsteel.it/fast/k/en/eur/warranty/mm/default

Have you had any disservice from LionSteel?

... have you heard about any post-sell disservices?

LionSteel is a small company, I am trying to take attention to any problems that happen to our items.

For this reason this year we have introduced a life warranty for defect in material and workmanship.

You will find more details about LionSteel warranty at:
http://www.lionsteel.it/fast/k/en/eur/warranty/mm/default

Can't say that I have,

...in fact I've never needed to contact them for any problem with their knives.

That said, I was quite surprised when I saw the "Is LionSteel out of business?" topic header.

Personally, I'm quite happy that you're doing fine.

Funny (or not so funny) how a few unanswered emails can lead to a misunderstanding that now has this topic circulating cyberspace.

Live long and prosper.

Big Mike

Can't say that I have,
...in fact I've never needed to contact them for any problem with their knives.
That said, I was quite surprised when I saw the "Is LionSteel out of business?" topic header.
Personally, I'm quite happy that you're doing fine.
Funny (or not so funny) how a few unanswered emails can lead to a misunderstanding that now has this topic circulating cyberspace.
Live long and prosper.

Big Mike

I am trying to answer to all the mail regarding Lion Steel items..... other side it is difficult (and not obligatory) to answer to any business proposal that I receive..
For sure if I want close finally the door I will write on cyberspace the cronology of my attempts to sell something to someone.

Hi,

did I miss something or Lionsteel have yet to start marketing the M2 in D2 steel ?

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back