Is Tangram Officially Done?

Chronovore

Gold Member
I rather enjoyed Kizer's short-lived budget brand, Tangram. Unlike WE's more recent Sencut, this brand just never went anywhere after the first batch a few years ago.

The standout from that line-up was the Santa Fe. It's a wonderfully ergonomic little knife and an awesome alternative to something like the Rat 2. Honestly, it might be the best $25 knife I've ever owned. The thin blade in that great shape sliced like a champ. Even if not run very hard, the Japanese Acuto 440 (similar to 9Cr18Mov) held a surprisingly good edge. Action and lock-up have been right for years. While I change knives a lot, I had given one of these to a relative who used it as his primary EDC for roughly two years before he lost it in a field!

Just recently, these stopped being available at Amazon. I'm guessing stock finally dried up. Hopefully, our representative from Kizer can tell us more. In the meantime, I carried mine today and sliced up a bunch of cardboard with it in memorial...

My1SPow.jpg

I agree 100% about this knife. I carried this exact version for around a year before I went down the really hole. Kizer hasn't been active in the forum for a while but I think the reason why Tangram went away was that the people who were responsible for the line of knives left to start Kansept.

I really liked my vector, it was a cute little knife. I took it apart and removed the extra set of nylon washers stuffed in there and the action was superb....better than my first cormorant. I had that knife for years!

With budget budget brands like petrified fish (now I'm curious what their Chinese name is) coming in hot, I think it makes sense to pull out.

I really liked my vector, it was a cute little knife. I took it apart and removed the extra set of nylon washers stuffed in there and the action was superb....better than my first cormorant. I had that knife for years!

With budget budget brands like petrified fish (now I'm curious what their Chinese name is) coming in hot, I think it makes sense to pull out.

Translation and cultural concept can be funny things. Some people think "Petrified Fish" is silly or strange. For all we know, it's a symbol of luck or strength or something in China.

On the other side of that coin, how many suburban white Americans are walking around wearing Chinese or Japanese characters in permanent ink and either have no idea or are wrong about what they mean?

Translation and cultural concept can be funny things. Some people think "Petrified Fish" is silly or strange. For all we know, it's a symbol of luck or strength or something in China.

On the other side of that coin, how many suburban white Americans are walking around wearing Chinese or Japanese characters in permanent ink and either have no idea or are wrong about what they mean?
I would guess it's a reference to some kind of fossil leviathan or something, but then I'm an idiot

Back