Is the Victorinox Signature II Lite's pen refuelable?

There is a small hole on one side of the scale next to where the battery lies. You push into it with a paperclip and the battery holder slides out the other side. Then swap the battery for a fresh one and slide the holder back into the scale. It's quick and easy.

--Bob Q

I don't think I was talking about switching a battery bquinlan...

thanks for the link larry. Looks like the only way to refuel the pen is to buy a new pen, which kind of dissapoint me because I thought you could just insert ink into the signature somehow

I don't recall ever running across a ballpoint that was re-fillable in the manner of a fountain pen. I'd be curious who makes such an animal??:confused:

More expensive ballpoints with fine tip can be refilled without needing a new ball.

I'm not trying to be contentious but could you name a manufacturer please?:confused: Or are you referring to a method not prescribed by the manufacturer but technically still possible??:confused:

Sorry I misread your question.

The pen cartridge can also be replaced. You just have to extend it, then pull on the end. The new cartridge can then be inserted and seated by pushing the tip against a surface until it slides all the way in.

You can get replacement ink cartridges through most Victorinox dealers.

--Bob Q

I just picked up a Signature Lite (blue colored) today and, as always, not dissapointed with Victorinox.

I am sorry if I caused confusion regarding refueling a ball point pen, I don't know much about pens and assumed most expensive and classy pens could be refueled easily. If you spend $50~100 on a pen, than I expect it not to be a one shot deal.

I purchased a Signature II Lite Ruby several months ago and it's the first and only knife that I've carried on my keychain. While I thought that I'd be using the red LED light more often than the pen, the pen has helped in a jam or two.

Once, I was stuck in line at the electronics department at Wally World, behind a guy needing to sign a traveler's check and the W*W "associate" didn't have access to any writing implements. So, out came my car keys, with my Signature II Lite, and I opened the file, popped-up the pen, and handed it over. It probably saved me ten minutes of time and aggravation.

GeoThorn

Back