How To Is there a brand specific forum area for Joker knives

JordanSG

Basic Member
Hello,
I am a new member and interested in my first knife purchase. I am interested in a few Joker brand fixed blade knives and have looked for a specific forum and can't find one.
If there is one please provide a link. If not, please direct me to the appropriate posting location for a question such as this.
Thanks
Jordan

Only brands that have a moderator/rep have their own subforums here.
You can ask your question here, although I have no idea what that may be besides being about Joker knives.

Only brands that have a moderator/rep have their own subforums here.
You can ask your question here, although I have no idea what that may be besides being about Joker knives.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know about brands with their own moderator/rep.
Haven't seen those yet. I search for them.

howdy,

there a few of us with some joker brand knives.....I got a half dozen of them.

not sure what questions ya got, but ask in this thread and let's see who has the answers or has the knives your looking at......

I don’t believe Joker has a subforum here on BF.
You can ask your questions here in General Knife Forum. :)

What is this, the Department of Redundancy Department? ☺️

We're all ears...ask away.
I guess overly eager, helpful forum members…

…with nothing to do on Saturday morning. 🤣😂

So, what you guys are saying is that this forum would in fact be a good place to ask questions about Joker Knives? Because I wasn't certain...but it is becoming a bit clearer now.

waiting.gif

JordanSG JordanSG

We can be a bunch of jokers in this forum from time to time, but I promise you we're not making fun of you, but simply having a bit of fun.

So, please, feel free to ask away...I'm sure you'll find that the members here will be able to supply you with the information you seek.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Ok so please be kind, I am a real newb trying to learn.
As mentioned I am looking at the Joker knives as a first knife purchase. I am going to be using the knife for camping and learning/doing some bush craft tasks.
I have seen lots of YouTube videos on them. However, I never know if the reviews are paid and or biased.
I am looking at the Joker
Lynx, Nomad and Camparo.
Of the three the Camparo uses a different steel Sandvik 14C28N vs Böhler N695 of the other two. The Nomad has a convex blade.
Is it hard to sharpen the Nomade blade?
Of the two types of steels used, pros and cons between the two?
I want a blade that can stand up to the elements like water/humidity and be versatile while able to maintain a good edge yet be not a pain to maintain.

Thanks in advance everyone

JordanSG JordanSG

We can be a bunch of jokers in this forum from time to time, but I promise you we're not making fun of you, but simply having a bit of fun.

So, please, feel free to ask away...I'm sure you'll find that the members here will be able to supply you with the information you seek.
Nothing wrong with a bit of fun at the bewbs expense😁

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun at the bewbs expense😁
😁

Blues Blues is correct. None of those posts were directed at you. They were actually directed at us posters. Haha!

Welcome to BF. It’s a great place. People for the most part are great here.

I don’t personally own any Joker knives…but I do like 14C28N steel. Not a huge fan of N-series, personally.

You should check out the maker’s market here…there are a ton of makers who make exceptional knives for good prices.

Check Volunteer Knives, David Mary Knives and TFK knives. These folks are super helpful in my experience. :)

Again, welcome to BF.

Coleman, it appears our new friend is also a resident of Canuckia...so you may be able to use your knowledge of the great white north to further assist.
(And for the record, JordanSG JordanSG , our Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery is a talented craftsman in his own right, located in Ontario. David Mary also hails from up there and will be an excellent resource as well.)

Coleman, it appears our new friend is also a resident of Canuckia...so you may be able to use your knowledge of the great white north to further assist.
(And for the record, JordanSG JordanSG , our Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery is a talented craftsman in his own right, located in Ontario.)
Woohoo!!! Another fellow Canadian!

Also, thank you for your kindness, E.

JordanSG JordanSG you can always PM me if you’d like. I’ll answer when I can. :)

I would treat your first knife search as an adventure! Don’t be in a rush and check out all the options.

David Mary David Mary knives are made custom here in Canada, and he will also work with you on a custom design if that is up your alley. I’ll be posting my DM collection shortly in his subforum today. :)

As mentioned I am looking at the Joker knives as a first knife purchase. I am going to be using the knife for camping and learning/doing some bush craft tasks.
I have seen lots of YouTube videos on them. However, I never know if the reviews are paid and or biased.
Lynx, Nomad and Camparo.
Of the three the Camparo uses a different steel Sandvik 14C28N vs Böhler N695 of the other two. The Nomad has a convex blade.
I want a blade that can stand up to the elements like water/humidity and be versatile while able to maintain a good edge yet be not a pain to maintain.

I have 2 nomads and a k720 campero. I dont have a lynx.

n695 on my nomads is easy to sharpen its basically 440c. good all around steel. easy to sharpen. holds a decent edge, decent corrosion resistance. the Nomad is a thicker stock blade so it's gonna handle some toughness challenging camping tasks decently. mine have done fine on basic camping type cutting chores.

I dont overthink sharpening myself. free hand sharpening on stones, all edges end up convex'ish over time. I've had no issue keeping mine sharp.

there are lots of threads on 14c28n and n695/440c..better to search and read than me to type. I'm a fan of both steels. both work for the tasks your talking about.

Lynx, Nomad and Camparo.

The trick is to think specifically about the tasks you are going to do. And lean the knife design towards that.

I have 2 nomads and a k720 campero. I dont have a lynx.

n695 on my nomads is easy to sharpen its basically 440c. good all around steel. easy to sharpen. holds a decent edge, decent corrosion resistance. the Nomad is a thicker stock blade so it's gonna handle some toughness challenging camping tasks decently. mine have done fine on basic camping type cutting chores.

I dont overthink sharpening myself. free hand sharpening on stones, all edges end up convex'ish over time. I've had no issue keeping mine sharp.

there are lots of threads on 14c28n and n695/440c..better to search and read than me to type. I'm a fan of both steels. both work for the tasks your talking about.
JB was correct. I misremembered the alloys

N695 is closer in composition and in performance to 154CM and ATS-34. It's actually a step above 440C in performance if tested at the same hardness.
Bohler N690 is 440C.
I agree with the rest of your assessment.

Last edited:
Back