Is there a Doctor in the house or, ahh cabin?

They were after the rarest species of deer...

the South Florida Arboreal Deer...

after foraging around on the forest floor, they often roost in low-lying branches of trees, resting up for the next foraging outing...

Nice doctor's knife. :thumbup:

I am a little confused why the hunters were shooting at deer in the trees. Did it have something to do with the libations?

They were after the rarest species of deer...

the South Florida Arboreal Deer...

after foraging around on the forest floor, they often roost in low-lying branches of trees, resting up for the next foraging outing...

Hey that's pretty good!.:thumbup: Got me LOL'ing and that is a good thing!. :)

But just for clarification and just so you know. First off, we were not at the top of some 30-40 foot tree.. We were hunting in our own home made tree stands(9ft-10ft aluminum ladders, spray painted camo with plywood platforms). Second, we were set up and located at the bottom end of a low lying creek bed that was ultimately fed by one of the tributaries that was fed by the Steinhatchee River.. So it's not too far fetched to realize that the good-ole-boys perched up on a hill running a pack of Dogs down the gradient from the West to the East towards us whilst they were all sitting in the back of their truck tail-gates, sucking down a cold one, might let loose a few stray buckshot above ground level .. And then visualizing the exact same Deer Dog running scenario from behind us from,, East to West!.

Talk about you're being in the proverbial rock and hard spot...:eek: Because I am here to tell you, that is exactly where we were at the time.:thumbdn:

I must admit it is fun to laugh about it now, but back then it was another story altogether.

LOL Arboreal deer--good one!!

In England when someone has buckshot scars they call it "poachers bottom". Ever read Roald Dahl's terrific book, "Danny the Champion of the World?" It's a good one to read with a son or grandson.

Back