is there a video on how to Strip the paint off a becker?

tuffthumbz

BANNED
is there a video on how to Strip the paint off a becker and polish it?
please put a link it you know of one

I use paint stripper, then 800 - 1200 - 2000 grit wet/dry sand paper and complete the job with a polishing wheel. I've never come across a how-to video but there are some threads out there with pictures, if you look around you'll find them. You can skip the stripper if you're patient with the sanding. There isn't much technique involved, just make sure you wear eye protection, gloves and a respirator if you decide to use chemicals.

I use paint stripper, then 800 - 1200 - 2000 grit wet/dry sand paper and complete the job with a polishing wheel. I've never come across a how-to video but there are some threads out there with pictures, if you look around you'll find them. You can skip the stripper if you're patient with the sanding. There isn't much technique involved, just make sure you wear eye protection, gloves and a respirator if you decide to use chemicals.

how do you polish without a polishing wheel?

i used paint stripper to loosen it up some, and a razor to scrape the rest off. using abrasives to get the coat off was a chore -- the razor scraper was much more effective and didn't scratch the steel or anything at all.

how do you polish without a polishing wheel?
A Dremel works well or just do it by hand. The black Bark River compound and a strop will make a blade look like chrome. I just polished my BK11 blade yesterday using a strop and it looks great. I left the handle black so it's protected from rust under the wrap where it's difficult to maintain it.

i tried a plastic scrapper before i switched to razor, and it was just sliding right over the coating. Whatever they're using to coat with sure is tough and well-bonded to the blade! :D

I myself just prefer the sight of naked, patina'ed steel. Trust me, use a razor scraper: much easier and comes out cleaner! :cool:

Back