Photos Is this a real Aitor Jungle King I?

74fbef3e8c8d5b26e1a6b01d00bb2a77o.jpg

https://armasblancas.mforos.mobi/936816/6130629-cuchillo-de-supervivencia-con-ballesta/

A knife sheath that converts into a crossbow. I'd thought I'd seen everything.

That is equal parts ridiculous, and awesome.

I've been into knives for over 40 years and I've never even heard of such a thing.

What next, a knife handle that shoots poisoned darts? :D

Thanks for posting that GIRLYmann.

A knife sheath that converts into a crossbow. I'd thought I'd seen everything.

That is equal parts ridiculous, and awesome.
the knife it self is kinda light
as it was fashioned from thin stock.
quality was no where near an aitor.
it was more of a gimmicky collectable.
fyi, the marto brewer knife had a harpoon
barb accessory which could be screwed
on to the wire cutter hole on the main blade
the d-hand guard and pommel cap has to be
removed and a pole inserted into the hollow
handle shaft to turn the knife into a lance...
05d9cde9f1eab552264a087f777befa4.jpg

ebebfcadd4807adca2090ca443edca58.jpg

https://bacotacticoscuchillos.blogspot.com/2010/11/marto-brewer-explora.html?m=1
the aitor mauser commando had a umarex
signal flare system on the side of its sheath
guess that makes it a projectile.
image;s=1000x700

http://bacotacticoscuchillos.blogspot.com/2010/07/mauser-survival-knife.html?m=1

Last edited:
the knife it self is kinda light
as it was fashioned from thin stock.
quality was no where near an aitor.
it was more of a gimmicky collectable.
fyi, the marto brewer knife had a harpoon
barb accessory which could be screwed
on to the wire cutter hole on the main blade
the d-hand guard and pommel cap has to be
removed and a pole inserted into the hollow
handle shaft to turn the knife into a lance...
05d9cde9f1eab552264a087f777befa4.jpg

ebebfcadd4807adca2090ca443edca58.jpg

https://bacotacticoscuchillos.blogspot.com/2010/11/marto-brewer-explora.html?m=1
the aitor mauser commando had a umarex
signal flare system on the side of its sheath
guess that makes it a projectile.
image;s=1000x700

http://bacotacticoscuchillos.blogspot.com/2010/07/mauser-survival-knife.html?m=1

I gotta give them points for creativity and imagination. Reminds me of some of the crazy weapons developed by the OSS during WW2.

Perfect examples of ingenuity exceeding practicality.

If there's ever a knife museum, it would definitely need an example of each of those.

yup the 80's were fun days of excesses.
now the knife fad has mellowed down to
the bare essentials of bushcrafting ...
i suppose the adventerous can still turn
to aitor sawbacks for a piece of raw
80's man of ultimate action gear :)
but you know, the jungle kings saving
grace were its piggyback jk skinner knives.
often overlooked, they were the real go to
knives ;-)
noz-aitor-skinner-jk-ii_16_k.jpg

noz-aitor-skinner-jk-i-1_15_k.jpg

... I want this now, lol....I need to get one ... from a guy named "Q" and I'm all set-.
its something the old knifecentric "q" himself - lynn thompson, should have picked up on
and further developed.... yeah, it would have
been the only kind of "bow" a knifenut would
comfortably wear for a nite out :)

Seeing the Aitor knives makes me smile and remember the '80s. See my avatar... I was trying to live the life of ultimate action back then. I think you and Jbennett23 are going to have a lot of us looking for a deal on an Aitor so we can re-live those days! :cool:

guessing movies like top gun, karate kid and rambo played a big role in character
development ... : so what could possibly
go wrong idolizing movie characters, right?! )
:)
yeah aitor has had its designs ripped off
with countless look alikes, clones and outright fakes. so plese be extra careful
with future purchases. good luck chasing
down those vestiges of youth. remember
its aitor, not gator (a taiwanese clone jk2).
and keep in mind that a pakerised finished
means a scruffy surface appearence down
the road. happy hunting !

Seeing the Aitor knives makes me smile and remember the '80s. See my avatar... I was trying to live the life of ultimate action back then. I think you and Jbennett23 are going to have a lot of us looking for a deal on an Aitor so we can re-live those days! :cool:

There is something to be said about having a knife that has everything but the kitchen sink included with it instead of just some generic looking bushcraft knife, so long as the knife is well made, like an Aitor. Sure it's over-the-top, sure it isn't the most practical knife out there, but it sure is one of the coolest.

This thing is also a beast, though I'd imagine it would be with a 8 inch blade that is 5mm thick...
EAFCFE8A241C71DA7A497B8CC5BC01F27C316C09

Even after all that chopping and whacking, the blade still slices clean through newspaper!

I'm in love with this knife.

guessing movies like top gun, karate kid and rambo played a big role in character
development ... : so what could possibly
go wrong idolizing movie characters, right?! )
:)
yeah aitor has had its designs ripped off
with countless look alikes, clones and outright fakes. so plese be extra careful
with future purchases. good luck chasing
down those vestiges of youth. remember
its aitor, not gator (a taiwanese clone jk2).
and keep in mind that a pakerised finished
means a scruffy surface appearence down
the road. happy hunting !

If you are hunting around, you can always contact Rehabe about your knife, they are very responsive with their emails, they'll usually reply in less than a day! They put my mind at ease and confirmed my JKI was real, but they couldn't pinpoint the exact time when they made those changes to the design.

As far as I know, the following websites are good to buy Aitor from

https://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/

https://www.knifecountryusa.com/ (where I got mine)

https://www.cuchilleriabarcelona.com/

https://www.knifecenter.com/

and actually there is a seller on Amazon called "finditinUSA" that sells legit Aitors, probably the cheapest you will find too. The only reason I didn't use them was because I didn't wanna support Amazon, but if you don't care about that, go for it.
https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A20XLTGD7DTQD0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

but you know, the jungle kings saving
grace were its piggyback jk skinner knives.
often overlooked, they were the real go to
knives ;-)
noz-aitor-skinner-jk-ii_16_k.jpg

noz-aitor-skinner-jk-i-1_15_k.jpg

The skinner knife is excellent, and you can remove it from the sheath without taking the big knife out.

Now I just have to wait for a party so I can whip it out when someone needs a bottle opener :p

I'd like to thank everybody for posting this retro awesomeness, it's great to see this stuff. If you google "spy store" all you get is places selling teddy cams to guys trying to catch their wife boning the pool boy. I don't need that crap, I fired Juan Carlo a long time ago.

I actually forgot all about these knives from my youth, and just pulled the trigger on the small 3 Aitor. Thank you for this thread.
The Jungle King III? Tell me how you like it when you get it. It seems neat but I'm not thrilled on the plastic handle. Plus, for an extra 40 bucks you can get the JK II which comes with a lot more stuff and has a magnesium/aluminum alloy handle.
It's still a cool knife though, seems like a small little camping knife like a Mora or something, with some extra little survival features. It is probably a more practical knife than the absolute behemoth the JK I is.

I was thinking of getting one for an EDC knife actually, I like to carry my knives in my waistband, and my JK I fits but it's not exactly comfortable all the time.

The Jungle King III? Tell me how you like it when you get it. It seems neat but I'm not thrilled on the plastic handle. Plus, for an extra 40 bucks you can get the JK II which comes with a lot more stuff and has a magnesium/aluminum alloy handle.
It's still a cool knife though, seems like a small little camping knife like a Mora or something, with some extra little survival features. It is probably a more practical knife than the absolute behemoth the JK I is.

I was thinking of getting one for an EDC knife actually, I like to carry my knives in my waistband, and my JK I fits but it's not exactly comfortable all the time.
I wasn't too keen on the handle myself, but I had to. Looks like a fun knife. I didn't want to go any bigger cause I always find myself using my 3"-5"ish knives the most, and I just purchased a single mark pretty recently. After a few hikes I'll def come back and give you a heads up on if I dig the handle or not, brother. I'm sure I will like it. This one is all about the fun factor to me. I can use the compass in Publix or something as to not go in the wrong direction

Well if you were going to edc it, I'd definitely go with something else lol! I like it, it's fun, but I can't see myself carrying and using it besides in the woods.

Back